RZ, very nice original

Looking to sell a 2Stroke bike?
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

RZ, very nice original

Post by jools »

It'll be sad to see this go, but my health forces sale. I'm putting it on here for a while before I advertise it.

'84 34J Yamaha RZ (RD LC2 in UK market) Approx 66,000ks.
Very good condition, original, not bodged or 'dolled-up for selling'. Runs nicely.
When I got this about 10 years ago it was in too good original condition to restore, so over the years I've carefully refurbished it, keeping it very original. The plastics were a bit shabby so I thoroughly restored them and painted with metallic silver 2-pack and 2-pack clearcoat. So the other paint, frame, tank etc is factory original.
A couple of small dings on the tank. New screen.
Well sorted mechanically. Bored and new pistons fitted.
A long list of detail things renewed, fixed improved etc. I've run it on club reg, so has had low use since I've had it.
Matching engine and frame numbers, all components are factory original apart from rear indicators and lower handlebars.
I have 350 cylinder barrels and cyl head for it, ready for conversion to 350.
(But I have to say, it's performance is great in 250 form. I've run this in groups including superbikes, and it is not at all 'embarrassed' at 'sane' speeds).
Rear suspension upgrade, using Yamaha R6 unit (original one will come with the bike. Front suspension upgrade -'Mikes XS' damper valves fitted. So it handles very well.
So whilst this bike may not be immaculate like a concourse restoration, it is very presentable, and almost 100% factory original and well sorted.
Bike is in Greendale, west of Melbourne.

PM me if you're interested, I'll be looking for something around $5000.
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: RZ, very nice original

Post by jools »

I've now put the bike on Gumtree, take a look:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbour ... 1166644906
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Ah well, she's gone to a new keeper now, I'll miss it.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Don’t worry mate you can always get another there out there........
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

You're right mate, BUT... The best thing is about a bike you've 'done' yourself and run for a fair while is that you know just what is right with it and what's wrong with it (if anything). Sometimes I think I'm always buying other people's crap, sweating blood fixing them, and then selling goodies!
Ah well...
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Good luck to you Jools, sad to move it on, but hopefully the new guy appreciates/enjoys/loves it.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.