The Wet Jackass

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

The Wet Jackass

Post by OzzyElsie »

.....showing a World Champ a wet pair of heels ;) :D

But he really is just a regular stand up young Aussie....

Worth staying up for.....

Now we'll all join together in pray for rain at the German GP
:twisted:
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: The Wet Jackass

Post by OzzyElsie »

The things we'll do for a sponsor :lol:

Here's a good write up.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/marcvds-reflec ... p-victory/
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Was great to watch.. massive surprise.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

hybrid wrote:Was great to watch.. massive surprise.
Speak for yourself, I had an elevated heart rate for 8+ laps :D

I was riding with him every inch of the way, but really he never put a wheel wrong - on the limit but never loose. A brilliant ride, most certainly re-established his cred.

Whereas with Val I thought he was overly confident and unnecessarily fast/risky.

I hope Jack's form continues and builds. He is only 21 and has the promise of a long and exciting career if he can establish a foothold in an 'A' team. He gave a good, if emotional, (and understandable so) speech.

May you live in interesting times.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yeah and he's realistic too. He's not likely to see that happen again unless he gets a better ride, or Honda give them more support.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

hybrid wrote:Yeah and he's realistic too. He's not likely to see that happen again unless he gets a better ride, or Honda give them more support.

As I said; pray for rain :twisted:
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

OzzyElsie wrote: Now we'll all join together in pray for rain at the German GP :twisted:
For a bunch of heathens ya done good, and so did Jack. :D
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

Yep. I've been shocked!

I've knocked him relentlessly for the last 2 years and I've had to eat all my words over the last 2 rounds.

It's a shame it didn't rain earlier in the season. He might have ended up with Vinales seat for next year.
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

Great ride in Germany - especially like the way he beat Rossi in the dry at the end........
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

I've had faith in Jack through out although I was fearful he might get cut before he showed his true potential. I think the German GP was important for the maturity shown.

I had given up on Cructhlow though. His second was impressive, and he was strong all week end.

I would have been very interesting if others had made the same tyre choice and timing as Marquez. I doubt if anyone else had the skill, concentration and daring to thread the eye of the needle as he did - incredible.

What's happened to Loranzo :roll:
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

Haha. Poor old Jorje don't like the wet apparently. Good to see he has at least one Achilles heel.

Yeah, Marquez's tyre change was inspired, and very well riden. It out foxed the entire field but all the other front runners stayed out way too long. F1 relies on the same sort of calls every week and they have a Tactician on the pit wall monitoring those developments, so they should have somehow pointed out to those guys up front how slow they were going.

The Sachsenring is a crap track. Bring back Hockenheim!
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Rossi's team tried to tell him on his pit board, but he ignored them.

ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

Yeas, I think there was a heavy cloud of red mist up front there.

They should use some sort of code on the pit board in that scenario, like adding an extra "BOX' for each second per lap they're dropping. By the end Rossi's board would have been filled with BOX's and he might have got the bloody message.