Registration of Hybreds NSW

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Registration of Hybreds NSW

Post by OzzyElsie »

I have lots of YDS5 bits - tanks, frames wheels etc. I was thinking of swapping in an a/c RD engine. It would require new engine mounts and some welding of the frame. I just want to use up 'left overs' but I wouldn't go to bother if I can't rego and ride the mongrel.

Does anyone know the law/regs that relate in NSW?
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
James W.
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Registration of Hybreds NSW

Post by James W. »

Best option is to join a 'classic M/C club' & put it on 'historic rego'..
& 'don't ask-don't tell' -about the mods.. "It was just like that 40 years ago - when my uncle had it"..
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

James W. wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 12:27 am Best option is to join a 'classic M/C club' & put it on 'historic rego'..
& 'don't ask-don't tell' -about the mods.. "It was just like that 40 years ago - when my uncle had it"..
Stretching the friendship a bit there I think. I guessing it will need an engineers report :roll: putting it out of contention on cost effective grounds. I might change the a/c engine numbers to YDS numbers to fool the system. There's a chance the mechanic wouldn't pick it.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
James W.
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by James W. »

K-her-rist, making it a bit too bloody hard for yourself, aint ya, O-E?

Who's to know, 'cept you, & if you do a 1/2 arsed job, you carry the can, anyhow..

& 2-strokes are your actual larrikin machines, in case you aint heard..

You can get a Honda CB 200 - if you want to join the 'wowser brigade' eh, fella.. ( IMO)..