Photobucket

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Photobucket

Post by OzzyElsie »

You'll notice all my photos posted using photobucket have been removed and replaced with some photobucket generated bullshit. Essentially they now want me to pay for the privilege.

I don't know how I'm going to get around it but as a matter of principle I won't be paying anything to Photobucket. Photobucket has made these new arrangements without any communications or offers to me. I see what they are doing is essentially blackmail and there is no way in hell I will deal with such immoral money grabbing thieves.

Its funny how quickly attitudes can change. I was up until recently well disposed to America but I have been ripped off by Ebay and PayPal, to the tune off $150+, and now this Photobucket bullshit. With each of them my main gripe is I effectively get no redress - they just shaft me. So fuck America and fuck Americans.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Photobucket

Post by jools »

Hah! If you think Photobucket are ripoff merchants (which they are), try Adobe... Wow!!!
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

So, Hybrid. What's gonna happen here?

Call for annual membership that pays for a common account?

Start a "2 strokes down under F/B page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

F/B Is a worse ripoff even than Photobucket -It's just that people don't actually 'get it' yet!
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Took me a few hours, but I have moved all my images to postimage.
I wrote a "howto" for another forum. I'll post it here too.

There is already a 2strokesdownunder fb page... but it's a "page" rather than a "group", so not as nice for group posts.

Edit: Here we go.. if anyone can be bothered migrating all their posts:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2347
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

I'm trialing Postimage.org - we'll see how it goes.

And I mean FU Photobucket not just for personal inconvenience but they really have screwed up archives to forums. When you do Google searches and look stuff up the missing photos make it useless.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yep, I'm sure they were hoping that invoncenience would drive people to pay. But nope - I come from the good old days where the internet was free (which is why no ads on my websites etc), so on principle I spent the time to migrate away.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

I can't believe that they've been SO stupid!
In one stroke they have just trashed their brand, everyone despises 'bucket now, for good reason.
The brand manager should be shot. (Or maybe there is some other more devious marketing plan behind it all, but really, I doubt that they're that clever!)
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

I went to my Photobucket a/c to pull down some articles. It opened up with the normal thumbs but when I tried to go full size it come up with that same BS about not linking to third party sites (which is not what I was asking).

FU Photobucket. Do they really expect people to deal with them?