Typo???

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Typo???

Post by OzzyElsie »

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Typo???

Post by JonW »

Nope, thats what they cost now. Been NLA for about 18months now and prices have gone up. The seller of that loom is a great guy who has a beautiful LC.
Ozhammer
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Ozhammer »

That’s way overs sorry. You can still get them for half that money if you keep your eyes open. I paid around $200 for mine only 3 years ago but that was pretty cheap.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

And 3 years ago they were still available from Yamaha... not any more. Even aftermarket LC looms have dried up now.... You can't judge todays prices by what stuff sold for 3yrs back.

A set of NOS L&R OEM LC mirrors sold on ebay for £750 earlier in the year... And, recent talk on Norbos forum was that just 1 year ago you could buy a repro 350LC horn bracket for £12.99. Today you cant even find one of those and now old battered OEMs sell for over 100quid... sometimes well over that price. No one has yet re-remade them, it seems the jig was lost, when they do the market for old brackets may well crash, but what if they dont or you need one right now...? SOL I guess and have to pay up.

FWIW the LC club now sell a wiring loom they make... but it's not much cheaper than the one on ebay and its not OEM. Makes you realise the price is probably right...

Sadly prices move around over the years as parts become available again or become discontinued. It is what it is... we dont have to like it.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

$900 - There can't be a weeks work in making a loom.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

For sure but you making it isnt OEM...

LOL I guess youre all playing with me right? we all know stuff that becomes NLA in turn also becomes expensive when it gains the term NOS.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Who's to know. It would be easier to falsify than a wheel, tank and host of other things.

We might have a new cottage industry here :)