hi from south nsw

Tell us about yourself and your bike(s), car(s), boat(s) or other toys
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: hi from south nsw

Post by OzzyElsie »

Very nice. Very OEM, even down to the OEM mirrors.

From the photos it doesn't like like it need much work, a bit of spit and polish and TLC, maybe.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
James P
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Re: hi from south nsw

Post by James P »

hybrid wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Doesn't look like it needs restored to me!
I agree - if it is original, don't restore it Rob! They are only original once. In 20 years time, there will be loads (well, comparatively :lol: !) of restored bikes, but hardly any original ones.
If it was mine, I would just dismantle, clean up, replace anything which is worn/broken/missing, sort out any problem rust and corrosion and put it back together. That will certainly keep you busy for a while, but should cost much less. If you really want to fully restore a bike, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a bitsa, a basket case or something that has been crashed and/or neglected and NEEDS restoring.
However, it is your bike and it is your choice. I'm sure we'd be glad to be kept updated on your progress :D .

Regards,
James