RD350 TR3 Replica

Post your Project Bike threads here.
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: RD350 TR3 Replica

Post by ged »

Cheers James. Definitely food for thought there, (I just need the brain space for the thought part... )
Bullarabs

Post by Bullarabs »

ged wrote:Well Gman...... I wish I could say I'd been getting somewhere, but reality is nowt! I just looked at the date of my last post which was mid May, a couple of weeks before I took over the café I'm running, and basically I haven't had time to scratch my butt pretty much ever since.... I've done all of this before, so I cant claim its a surprise, but still I keep asking myself, "what the fck was I thinking".

I will get the opportunity to get a bit more done soon I think, so i'm still collecting bits and pieces to make that happen. I did a deal on Gumtree with some guy in Adelaide for an RD250 Rear hub, which basically turned to poop when what eventually turned up was a bunch of bits (minus the bloody hub!) for a rear disc braked RD400C! Fat lot of good. If anyone is after bits for a '76 RD400C rear hub, let me know! Or, if anyone has an RD350 rear drum, let me know too!

I'm still looking for a nice set of expansion chambers too. Someone posted a link a few months ago to a mob in Japan, (Wemoto? or Webmoto?) that do nice looking pipes for LC/RZ's that look like they might be made to fit an aircooled without tooo much alteration. Does anyone know if this is practical? are they the same header/exhaust port diameter for instance?
Maybe you mean webike
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

Yeah, I think that's it. Great looking pipes! Anyone had any experience with them? They're apparently a clear coated mild steel which would be problematic with altering bracketing etc....
Bullarabs

Post by Bullarabs »

hi mate any updates on this build? ive recently got a rd350 and want to build a similar bike (look like a TR3 with lights and rego. lucky I have all the tr3 fairings, genuine alloy tank. front and rear tr3 wheels