BRAND NEW LC tanks, good ones this time.

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

BRAND NEW LC tanks, good ones this time.

Post by JonW »

Ok, I said I wasnt going to get involved in tanks again, but this time im more of a messenger, so its ok :)

Norbo has been working with a supplier to make an exact copy of an LC tank. These are not the ebay tat, they will be exactly like OEM as you can see on this thread as he had the first sample come back and reported on it here:

http://rdlccrazy.proboards.com/thread/3 ... lTo=320614

He is quoting 'about GBP385' for these. call that, $783 at todays rate.

These are not made in the EU so a while back I asked him about a way for those of us outside of the UK/EU to not have to pay UK VAT/imports (20%) and to-the-uk shipping on these as they could be shipped directly to Aus. He has said:

"A couple of people out side the EU have asked if they could get a deal on then to sell in OZ or the US I think we can work something out if you want 10 save on posting them out 1 at a time and would help getting some money back on the investment to do a few in bulk at a deal price so you can make a on them as well be better for people in OZ and the US as well I think to have them all ready in the country . but we will have to see if there is any interest in any one doing this."

I dont know what that would translate to in price here. But depends on how we do it. If we all put money in up front then we would save the 20% vat / imports, but would be hit for imports at 10%+fee here, however the shipping would be much cheaper. Shipping a tank out of the uk would be waaay over 100quid now, closer to 150 now for sure, so 10 in a big box from the supplier would be much more sensible. On-shipping in Aus would be <$100 even across the country with pack n send I would think, but they would need to be boxed again for that, thats a worry but could be factored in.

Compare that with buying (taking a gamble really if on ebay etc) a knackered LC tank for say 2-300, having it dipped would be 150ish, repaired 100+, lined at another 75(DIY) to 150 (pro) gets you to this stage... thats 600+ for a tank thats not new and of course is a lot of running around... and n guarantee it wont leak down the track for poor cleaning, repair, liner or just old age.

Anyway, lots of think of here, but its food for thought...

I would have one, i expect LB would have one too... so thats 2.... anyone else interested in this at all? If there is enough interest to jump on this and have the cash ready then we could get a deal, if not they its going to cost a lot more to get one later...
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: BRAND NEW LC tanks, good ones this time.

Post by BRG1200 »

Honour bound to respond given Jon's diligence and my previous comments.
I'd like to say I'd have one but financial overstretch and job insecurity hold me off for now. Plus I have one project LC and a spare tank waiting for that other tank-less project I'm still hoping will come along one day..... ;-)
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
rdrob
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by rdrob »

Jon if we can get the numbers I'll grab one not sure why but never hurts to have a spare lol.
James W.
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by James W. »

Emgo Taiwan-made are they?
If so, they should be good.

They make repro Norton Commando Roadster tanks ( styled by the same bloke as did the RDLC),
& they retail for ~US 475.00, in America, bare ( unpainted, no bolt-ons cap/taps etc).
DuncanB
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by DuncanB »

Count me in if the price is right. Let us know what it boils down to delivered to Aus, I can sort out my own freight this end.

Cheers
Duncan
Project RD350LC. Finished YL2C.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Duncan have a word with Norbo, no one has yet said they would take on the admin of this, sadly i cant as im flat out on other stuff.
DuncanB
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by DuncanB »

It reads like you are trying to gather numbers for a bulk purchase to keep prices down TBH, Jon (".... anyone else interested in this at all?"). Just expressing my interest.
Project RD350LC. Finished YL2C.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Sorry Duncan, I was really just letting people know so that they/we could all all say if tanks were wanted. Dealing with norbo and the admin of this is up for grabs still if people wanted it to be 'one order'.
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

I wonder what savings are for 10 tanks & postage.....
Surely they'd all sell.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Yes but remember that currently if you buy one tank its gst and imports free as its about 700 all up. that will be different if you spend over 1000, and that will change mid next year too. So for now you save at least 10% by buying just the one... $70ish. I do agree that 10 would be a good saving on post but not a smaller number like 2, due to imports.

Also bear in mind that importing 10 in the hope people buy em would be $7k'ish and then you sit and hope people buy em at their leisure... who has that sort of money to just sit in tanks while buyers twiddle their thumbs and feed their piggy banks? I agree they would sell eventually but youd have to factor in the cost of money over time in your sale price and people would moan at the base 700ish price as it is, let alone say 800 or 850. We know that from other times weve talked about this, buyers seem to think tanks should be a few hundy, not close to 1k... they also blanche that its 'plus painting and decals'. :(

Anyway, my thought was to pass it on and suggest that with our current good x-rate and the lack of imports that if people did want one then it was a godd time. If they did bandy together there might be a better price on the tanks and the post, and you'd all save even with import fees and duties, but someone needs to negotiate it and people would need to pay up front at least a good deposit. The word deposit is the one that buyers seem to hate tho... Id love to see us lot get it together and do this tho...
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

3 used RDLC tanks for sale, anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

It was a bit tongue in cheek, but hey, why not sell the tanks I have been holding on to, to get the funds for a new tank.

Any idea what freight for one would be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk