VForce 4 Reeds

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
Lowflying
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

VForce 4 Reeds

Post by Lowflying »

Might need to get new ones for my RZ. Is there a good source for them here in Oz? Or are other reeds available here that are just as good?

Thanks guys.

Rob.
If people quit riding after a crash, there'd be nobody left riding!
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VForce 4 Reeds

Post by hybrid »

I'm just using banshee reeds in mine. Don't know how much better v-force really are.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

probably cheaper overseas, usually they are :/

VFs are actually very good, the banshee petals are great on standard cages as they are fibre, and cheap as chips from partzilla etc but yeah vfs will be a lot better than them as there has been a lot of development since the old yam cages were done.
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by twinrock101 »

V force are in my experience the best, however..they are expensive and unless complemented by other engine, intake and pipe mods..may not be worth it..reeds dont realky offer big hpr gains, but greater feel and respnose..makes power delivery effortless, dual stage boyessen reeds will also give great results over stock and far cheaper.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Good tips
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

dual stage boysens always get a good rap, but the reality is that most people will tell you that the second stage never opens so youre only using half the reed, which is what makes them feel fast as you get more low torque but they dont give top end power. plenty of info online about this 'problem'.
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by twinrock101 »

Ahh thats interesting, i have not heard that before..but i guess it would make sence however i have not had any complains. Yes the place you notice it most it off the bottom and throttle responce..but my top end also feels great. Now i just happen to also have a boyesen single stage reed..i could swap it over and compare. Another thing you could do is hook the reed cage up to a vacume cleaner..then you could see just what takes place.
F1 Moto

Post by F1 Moto »

We have the V4's in stock for the later YZ125's .
If you want to scan the reed gasket & send me that I can check if these will fit ?

Regards
Steve
F1 Moto
OZMX
Lectron Australia
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Thanks I guess for the sales ad. Tho, if you order the banshee ones they fit the rz350 perfectly... no need to mess with the more expensive single units unless youve a 250, in which case you want 2 boxes of yz80.