RDLC Fuel Tanks

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
Jethro5
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

RDLC Fuel Tanks

Post by Jethro5 »

Came across these and was wondering if any one has an opinion? They look good and price seems ok and is quoted in AUD. Norbos tanks would cost a lot more landed at the moment.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MIZUNO-MOTOR ... 2768729617
hash=item25e5c5b611:g:-~AAAOSw4DJYkUNc

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MIZUNO-MOTOR ... SwrhBZCZa8
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: RDLC Fuel Tanks

Post by Antman »

Are they made in Japan?
If so I go for them over Norbos that are made in India.
Cheaper too.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Same tank as what people call 'norbos', which is the same tank sold by Hi Level, Yambits etc etc

These/Norbos are not like the old shit ones and not made in India Ant. These tanks are very good, a few of us have them already. Look on the forums and read up on them.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Apologies for spooning sludge on the cake.........................
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

no worries, the LC aftermarket has moved on a bit the past few years and a lot of water has passed under the tanks topic.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Always liked that paint scheme.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

My understanding of the Webike tanks is that Yamaha are remaking them, could be wrong mind you.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

So what's the juice on them Jon.

1. Where are they made?
2. Are they a perfect copy?
3. Is the inside bare steel?
Jethro5
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Jethro5 »

Maybe the painted one is a left over from the Yamaha made tanks that were available earlier in the year. If so and you like the colour, have to be worth some consideration.
Jethro5
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Jethro5 »

You have probably seen this but here's the original ad.

https://japan.webike.net/products/23237617.html
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Wasn't that the press release when they got released a few months ago Jon. I may be wrong because I sold my LC before this so didn't really pay that much attention.
At the very least I have added some more confusion so my work here is done
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Reproduction at exterior manufacturing department, does that mean outside of JPN?

More confusion
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

The bizarre ad earlier this year that looked like a PR form yamaha was confusing at best (perhaps due to translation) and I dont think it specifically stated where the tanks it talked about were made, but it intimated that the really expensive version was a Yamaha part. These other tanks are not the same tank judging by the price, but you never know.
One thing to note, the part number in the linked ad (Q5K-YSK-110-S01) is not yamaha.

Well, Im not confused at all. The recent repops are fine, if youre me then that's all you need know. LOL The indian ones are not, takes all of 5 secs of google to know that. The forums all say the new ones are good, not just me. Plenty of info on norbos forum and many guys using the ones form norbo etc on their rebuilds. if youre spending money like this, you should do research. just my 2c.

Ok, yes I have one from yambits, it was vat free to send. buy from whom you like, its the same unit but vat free and sensible post (80quid) was gpod value at the time. I care not where its made, but its some where in Asia, the main thing is that its made well. not everything from asia is shit, its how its made that matters. The shape is OEM and seems 'right' and it fits well. The lines are a bit 'defined' for some, but were so used to tanks full of filler I wonder if weve lost sight of how sharp an OEM tank was. inside is bare steel, what else would it be?

Ive no idea on the webbike tanks, but i believe they are the same. Someone needs to buy one and see. Ive seen 3 yambits/norbos/hi level etc etc etc tanks, theyre all the same.

Anyway, dont take my word for this, do some research on the forums and see what you think form the pics and what people say. IMHO we are lucky to have these, we just need RZ tanks now...