RG250 Mark 1 Dual Sport

Topics regarding Suzuki 2Strokes
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: RG250 Mark 1 Dual Sport

Post by BRG1200 »

The Japanese one looks like a quick lash up for a giggle, great, but not so considered as Pezz's.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by twinrock101 »

Hey mate i may have a simple solution with the rear end that may just help you..by the way i really dig the idea i have loved the thought of doing the same with an aircooled rd..anyway.. i motarded a dt200 using fzr250 wheels..now the rear wheel was not a match at all so what i did is use the complete fzr250 rear end..i got rid of the suspension linkage system all together turned the fzr swing arm "upside down" u then have the under side linkage mount on the top i cut a a slot in it to accomidate the with of the new fully adjustable fastace shock i bought online for about $120 new the top eye went to the original dt mount..it worked fantastic..looks factory and i didnt have to touch the original dt frame..it dropped the height at the rear by about 60mm but thats fine..it works freat on the road and feels good in the bush..let me know if u want anymore info and pics ill send em to ya,
Oh u may have to weld a new rear brake guild or stay on the opposite side of the swing arm..i simply just fitted a torque arm
Pezz
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Pezz »

Sorry All,

This failed to launch

Put it back together stock and gave it back to Andy, the guy who gave it to me. . .

Its still in his shed :)

I did build another 2 stroke dual sport - RV125 with a PE175 motor and a LOT of mods

I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are missing
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Different 8O
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
Pezz
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Pezz »

Started out as this. . . .

About to get a GT200X5 motor in it in the coming weeks

I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are missing
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

That's funny as!
I really liked the RG/Transalp idea, looked like it would look good. Glad to see you're still at it on other projects!
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I love how this tuned out Pezz, the mudguard rally headlight idea was genius and I remember you texting me the pix, I was impressed. Did your girls do the sidepanels?