Brisbane - RD LC FuelTanks

Got some parts to sell?
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Brisbane - RD LC FuelTanks

Post by Greasemeup »

Well, here we go.

See attached photos of first of 3 tanks for sale. I need to sell all 3 for this to work, so the cheapest one first in in the roughest condition, does hold fluid. $xxx pick up or more for pack & send.

The other 2 are super solid-

The yellow one is repainted and looks OK with a tiny spot (5c piece) of rust which is on the outside, there is the sound of flakes on the inside, haven't removed cap, don't have key, slightly riskier, I guess the only way to really tell is blast and acid dip it.

The white one is solid with dusty (not flaky) internal surface rust and surface rust on the outside but really dry, with what looks like original white paint & red/orange stripes.

These will be sold after the red one, at higher, but still reasonable prices, why hold back? If they don't all sell then I can't get a shiny new one from Norbo, so I will want the best one for myself of course.

Peter via PM

See pictures-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Greasemeup on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Brisbane - RD LC FuelTanks

Post by Greasemeup »

FYI - Been paint stripped and de rusted. Now on Gumtree

Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Thanks Jon.

What do you think?
On the money?
Do you think there is a market for these tanks?

It was very clean after being cleaned up, no holes & no deep rust, despite the apparent condition in the first pictures.

JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I think it looks like a decent tank, the fact it holds fuel and isnt too badly damaged is in its favour, Id be interested if i didnt already have one for my build for sure (and its was too cheap to pass up lol). talkin of price... probably a bit spendy on initial look, but as you say it cleaned up very well indeed, they dont usually...

As to the market, as usual in Aus this stuff sells slow, then you get 5 requests from people wondering why its sold. Seems very few people buy with a view they "wont see one anytime soon and should get it now as it'd come in handy", like, er, I do... LOL
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I have half a garage full of "it might come in handy" stuff.... :-o
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

I have a yellow tank that has a plastic fuel cap with no key.
I don't really want to damage it getting it off, is it worth trying to save.
I see you can buy reproductions on eBay for $30. are they OK or typical eBay cheap junk not worth the time & money.

JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

you can pick the lock or just trash it. The aftermarket caps are fine. if youre selling a tank you really need to show the buyer the inside, ive been bit before with an unopen tank that had fluid in it... turned out water had got in from the top and the fluid (seller said it was fuel) was rusty water, thing was junk. I cut it open and put pics on the rdrz forum, i'll see if i can find em, but dont want to ruin your sales thread.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Nahh, its all good, just wanted to find out if the repop caps were junk.

Once the yellow tank is cleaned, if it's good I will get pics of it.

Anybody got a camera on a flexible line with a light that can take pictures of the inside of a fuel tank, in Brisbane?