Brand new aftermarket LC2 / 31k / 29L loom SOLD

Got some parts to sell?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Brand new aftermarket LC2 / 31k / 29L loom SOLD

Post by JonW »

OEM looms for these bikes went NLA 20years or so back so the aftermarket guys made these units. These looms used to be plentiful up to about 2years back and plenty of people have used them and been happy, so their quality isnt in doubt.

However this LC2 type and the other LC/RZ aftermarket looms are now NLA and no one seems to have any plans to remake them.

This one came from YuniParts and as expected it had a missing connector as one of the connectors was too hard for the loom makers to source. In fact this one came with 2 missing connectors (yuniparts just shrugged when I complained) and I have sourced the correct OEM connectors and fitted them, so this is now literally plug and play.

I wasnt going to sell this but Ive an eye on some other parts, and its only for sale as its now surplus to requirements for my LC2 build...

Price: $295. Thats what it owes me, Im sure if i put it on ebay or the forums it'd sell for more being NLA.

I'll do a pic later in the week.
James W.
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Brand new aftermarket LC2 / 31k / 29L loom

Post by James W. »

If anyone is interested.. US outfit HVC Cycle currently offer an RZ/LC2 loom..
but @ US $ 210.00.. & it would, with post etc - added,
- likely cost 'bout the same - as what Jon is asking..
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Im not sure how helpful your post is at all James... what they offer is a 48H loom, so for the models with cats in the pipes... and US 210 at todays exchange rate is Au$280 so defo not cheaper once posted. But thanks for your 'help' with the sale... I guess.
James W.
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by James W. »

Jon, to be fair - I do think your loom offer is very likely going to be less fuss 'n' bother,
( & damn, that $ exchange rate - is cruel!) but surely you can't quibble with the fact..
- that aftermarket looms are not, as you claimed "...now NLA"..

OK yeah, the sticklers for US RZ originality - will want the extra wires for the cat-pipe set-up,
but for most rider/enthusiasts, those power-sapping lumps & eco-carbs are long goneburgers,
so a couple of needless connectors in a loom - really don't mean much, esp' if you clip 'em off..

& I'd reckon its a "helpful" tip, for anyone who'll maybe need a new loom - in the future, no?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

You can build a bike with another RZ coded loom if you want, but anyone wanting an easy life usually buys the loom thats correct for their build and if you want to be as close to original as possible then you should buy the right model version at least, cut or dangling connectors or obviously modern ones detract from a resto.

If we're really going down this route, Economy Cycle also sell a loom, but its not got OEM connectors or fusebox. Its US$175, so a bargain compared to mine... sigh. For those on the fence about a loom and grumbling inwardly at the prices, buy that one is my advice, but do buy one, soon... the LC loom world went mad recently, the RZ appears not to far behind.

I offer that advice even while Im not sure how relevant tips in sales threads are for anyone reading them x years from now... Well I am sure, but it seems we are not all on the same page. Of course, no one knows how the market place will change going forwards, but I do suspect that those other sources will dry up and as they are small companies I would think they probably would not reorder too many times from their supplier, you can only sell so many of anything in this market. LC repro tanks will be the same (its happening already), please buy those now too people... but... our tips are really getting us off topic now...

So, lets return this thread to being only about this sale, please contact me if you want this loom, if not I'll start to advertise it worldwide in the next month or so. Remember, when its gone its gone.
James W.
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by James W. »

Actually Jon, you do raise a couple of good points..

Simple is best, & your offer is best, for a one-off deal.

Also, demand is what drives business.. if there are $ paying customers,
someone will surely 'do' a 'plug & play ' repro - but at a price..

This is why those freshly built petrol tanks are of interest, even
when so pricey.. esp' since so many (easily repairable) rust-hole
units were just discarded as trash, back in the day..
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Ok, Im back from a month long sojourn in Europe and am doing my admin, this loom will get listed elsewhere now as it may as well go to fund some extra bits for my projects.