LC tools - allens, 14/12 & C spanner

Looking for a part?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

LC tools - allens, 14/12 & C spanner

Post by JonW »

Ive been chatting to a forumer about OEM tools. He is missing his 4mm allen key from his set and after talking about it I decided to pull mine out and see if I had the one he was talking about. I assembled my kit in the same setup as other pics of these kits, like so:

The reference pic from Xavier’s site (turned 90 deg to match my pic):

So, it seems Ive a few issues....

1 – Im missing the same 4mm allen key he is! Im told it says ‘4mm KKT’ on it.
2 – My other 5 and 6mm allen keys also do not have the ‘KKT’ stamp on them, but they do look ‘right’ and have other squiggle marks.
3 – Im missing the extender bar, luckily said forumer had a spare so at least that was good news!
4 – Im missing the 14/12 spanner
5 – My C spanner for the shock is incorrect, its obviously for a spoked wheel bike as you can see the spoke wrench cutouts

I knew I was missing the extension, but damn... seems Ive got less tools than I thought :(

So, im now on the hunt for the missing tools... I know to many this wouldn’t matter a jot, but to me and the chap who I was talking to this is as important as the right graphics :)

Anyone got any of these missing tools they dont need?
mboddy
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: LC tools - allens, 14/12 & C spanner

Post by mboddy »

Your C spanner looks like what my LC came with originally in February 1981.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Interesting, thanks for that Mark. Ive seen some without the notches for the spokes, and they used them on the ypvs models ive been told, so maybe that type is valid, just without the notches tho.
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

It's a pretty expansive tool kit! Throw in a rotor puller and you could almost attempt a bottom end rebuild by the side of the road on the Nullabour....
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

yeah those were the days! I reckon the 92-on RD350R (Mark will know what I mean!) has an even bigger kit, I really must dig mine and compare it...
SP885
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by SP885 »

I gave up trying to find a genuine LC toolkit Jon, I took advice from one of the guys on Norbos forum and bought a NOS Suzuki (Yeah I know :( ) from an RGV of a similar era, the tools don't have Suzuki stamped on them, just made in Japan and came in a plastic pouch rather than the roll that the LC had, I think I only paid 22 quid for it from a Suzuki dealer in the UK through Ebay last year

I only had to add I think what you are looking for here, the small allen key and the 12-14mm spanner, it didn't come with the C spanner so I just bought an adjustable one from an engineering supplier, not for everyone I know but good enough for me, never know one might turn up one day

I'm still trying to find an original 1982 owners manual without having to sell my home to fund it :D

Cheers
Steve
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Thanks Steve, but yeah, Im looking for original stuff... mad i know... The owners manual I actually have, and managed to keep my home, tho it was touch n go with the mrs lol.
James W.
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by James W. »

Ye gods.. if only we'd known how precious/anal the 'anorak' brigade would get about such crappy stuff..
..when I think of all the mint original tool kits I threw out 'cause they were shit, now they are worth $!

S'pose the rarity factor from casually disposing of those items does drive up the $ asked now, to be fair, though..
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I think a little bit of the appeal of such searches is working out what was actually put out in certain years, sort of reconstructive archaeology
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
rdrob
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by rdrob »

Watching this tool kit on ebay at the moment from Jon post seems close but not right just interesting to see how much it will go for.

Ebay item is 121967483412