air cooled pipes crappy rusted damaged ones..

Looking for a part?
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

air cooled pipes crappy rusted damaged ones..

Post by twinrock101 »

Im after a set of air cooled pipes i really just want the headers to fit to a set of lc pipes..hoping to find a rusty or damaged pair for cheap
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: air cooled pipes crappy rusted damaged ones..

Post by BRG1200 »

I have a jungle engineered project 400 with this arrangement, the kinked shape of the LC pipes don't follow the shape of the bike very nicely. But I guess you would be aware of that :-)
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by twinrock101 »

Well this project doesnt look like a stock rd350 anymore..he he..i have mocked it up to my setup and i thought they looked good to me but more importantly how does it perform with the lc pipes over stock..and "jungle engineered"..??
James W.
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by James W. »

You could get a cut-off wheel on your angle-grinder, cut 'em & gut 'em (the internal baffle/restrictions )
re-shape them to better fit the bike, (tack to check) then weld 'em back up..
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by twinrock101 »

I have done the cut and gut a couple of times before..im not sure its worth the effort..also the shape is fine..its simply the header flange is too big and mounting holes to far apart, i could make em from scratch but if i could get air cooled ones and weld on it would be much easier