Anyone We Know?

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Anyone We Know?

Post by OzzyElsie »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFOA6JUZsD8

Tripodtiger :$ - I wonder is that his camera skills or is he renowned for something else.
fred99999au
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Anyone We Know?

Post by fred99999au »

Dunno who it was, but I really enjoyed that vid and Elsie gave a pretty good account of itself.

That might have tripped me into taking my RZ on the next track day with my local club. You can bring the R6 Jeram. Or the CM380, or the TZR.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

The vid got my blood flowing as well. It was a tidy ride.

Maybe we should get together collectively at a ride day or the HBBB or similar. A bit late for HBBB 2014 (26-27th April I think). The other prob is that it is growing in popularity. It might require 12 months pre booking next year.

There is probably room for another similar event in NSW or Qld. Anyone enterprising enough :lol: . God's country would probably be the better choice - no Motor Vehicle Competition Act to screw with.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Looks like fun!
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
Tripodtiger

Post by Tripodtiger »

OzzyElsie wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFOA6JUZsD8

Tripodtiger :$ - I wonder is that his camera skills or is he renowned for something else.
Tripodtiger relates to this
That isn't me riding, it's my friend who built the sidecar. I'm normally pointing the camera.

I'm on several forums and it took some time for the obvious jokes to pass when I changed my user name to this.

But anyway, g'day. I've popped in here when 'lb' on RDLC Crazy suggested I should look at mbody's LC racebike / suspension thread here. So, I'm on yet another forum!! At this rate I'll never have time to work on the bikes, let alone ride the bastards.

The video that is linked was from the only time I managed to keep the 350 running. Long story but I think I've got it fixed now - new impellor, bearing & seal. What seal? I replaced the seal? Oh,there is another seal! At the time of this ride, I'd only done the barrels, pistons, rings and straightened the frame. The clutch was slipping terribly. If you'd seen it when I pulled it to pieces you'd no why!! :evil: I'd bought it a few months earlier as a 'turn key' track bike. You can fill in the details.

Where it's at now is waiting for a Wilbers rear unit and modified dampener rods, new springs & emulators. I expect all those bits by mid-July. Then another track day at Wakefield in preparation for my first race meeding with the PCRA.

I'll be the fat bloke wobbling around at the back, trying to tell myself 'breath', 'relax' :lol:

I also have started an Australian RD / RZ owners register - an email list for Oz owners in case you need that explained! Small and infrequent use but it would be good to develop it into a first choice resource, parts buy /sell & info exchange etc. I'll have to admit, I started it before I was told of this forum.

If you enjoyed the above video, there are plenty more (so many you could be easily bored). Quite a number from my '73 RD250, including Broadford just past.