Excited about my RS250 and a question on tyres

Forum for Aprilia Two Strokes
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Excited about my RS250 and a question on tyres

Post by pkay »

For some time my RS250 has been giving me the shits as it had no power. Discovered yesterday that the front cyclnder isn't really doing its thing which I suspect will be carb related but will change the plug first just to be sure. I am happy now cause that is an easy fix and I may have the bike on the road very soon.

Question is what tyres do people run on their RS250's? Be interested on views - road riding only.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Excited about my RS250 and a question on tyres

Post by 2TInstitute »

Best are super corsa's take your pick from there all pretty good. Personal preference really
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

depends how fast you are and how far you will be leaning the bike over.

If your not going to be pushing the bike very hard, dont waste your money on expensive tires, you will only end up with a prematurely squared off tire and have less grip in the wet.

If your not going to be pushing hard, get a decent multi-compound sports tire that offers the best balance of grip, longevity, wet weather performance.

good tires for road riding that will also suffice for quick riding in the twisties are:

-Pirelli diablo rosso II
-dunlop road smart
-michelin pilot power/pilot road etc

keep in mind that these tires even though not the fastest tires today, are much better than the best tires available back when the rs250 was being manufactured.
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

Thanks for the tips, appreciated.