rd 250 lc wrecking

Got some parts to sell?
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

rd 250 lc wrecking

Post by Greasemeup »

Nah, I am on to a fella about an RZ frame but must wait for his move from VIC to NSW, idol time breeds ideas though.

Hyside Frame is very bare and rough, I will just wait and see for now.

Old gold has a frame for $400, 550 with a swinger, both completely bare & over budget.

All the parts for sale wouldn't be so bad if they came with the mounts and associated assembly parts, for example, a radiator over flow with mounting bolts, grommets and cap, or an oil bottle with sender and mount hardware, swinger with chain adjusters & pivot mount bolt. To buy the are part then locate a bolt then a nut then a grommet +++ is what makes it so ridiculous.

What happens to all those rubber bits & nuts & bolts when a bike gets parted out? In the bin is my guess!

A set of pattern indicators from Yambits consists of 20 separate parts , then you probably need to buy bulbs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: rd 250 lc wrecking

Post by JonW »

Hmm, a frame is a frame to me, they all come bare in my experience. Old Gold's prices are just stupid, no one will pay that this year, in 2020 maybe... if you want a roller then you can expect to pay frame-only+++ prices I guess as wheels, loom and other parts all have a value now.

To be honest I always find that the grommets are trashed anyway so buy new, yes it adds up but you cant expect 30+ years old rubber to last in our climate. Bolts are often rusty junk too as they been rounded off when the thing was a farm bike LOL. I use brand new stainless for small parts now as I know they wont rust and Im not trying to be factory perfect. Oil senders; Ive found that many racers have to sell. stuff like chain adjusters and pivot bolts costs time and money to source, but you can get em from norbo, so is simple to find in one place at least and you can upgrade at the same time.

Pattern inds... I had a set from norbo, came with everything you need except the rubber mounts and bolts, both avail from norbo. In fact I used normal bolts. bulbs were included ;) Finding an uncut rear subframe, well that might be more effort but you find more here than in the UK now. I bought one with bodywork and smashed rear light a year or so back for $30.

We have to remember that often LCs have had a few lives by now. Im currently stripping a set of side panels and its like being an archeologist as ive found so many colours in layers. at some point someone did that bike/panel up and had it nice and that happened a number of times it seems... I am just the next one down the line...
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Stop it John, you will convince me to do an LC again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Greasy, you need to do an LC again
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

LOL, no no no... you keep off that playing field until Ive sourced all the parts I need for mine! :D
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Think about it Jon, better the precious things come in/stay within our community than go outside the village. If GMU buys stuff it might do the circuit on here again at some point and you could pick it up when he's done with it :-) More life cycles for Elsie bits.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

haha, I was only messing, but I think you knew that :)

Either way im not selling these side panels Ive been cleaning off just to have someone paint them and sell em back to me to strip again! haha.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Indeed :-)
Thats the beauty of these conversations.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Mr Gray, got the clocks this morning, all good, thanks :-)
Have started fettling them.