Stocking Stuffers.

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Stocking Stuffers.

Post by OzzyElsie »

It's that time of year again when you get asked that question "whatcha want for Christmas?".

Of course you can never really ask for what you really want "six foot, long legs, blonde, big boobies and sexually depraved" or "a NOS LC/RZ fuel tank". Of course there is always the good old mundane standby "stocks and undies" but may I suggest.........

I got a copy for fathers day. Its a good read, but most certainly neither "controversial or explosive" as promised on the cover, but a good read nevertheless.

From very early in Casey's career I was aware of Casey, his potential and his story, and I took particular interest and felt many of the slights and slurs that were aimed at him. But I didn't know the detail and the detail makes the story and his character all the more remarkable.

Despite the cover I found the telling most uncontroversial. As an example Casey talks of his first year in MotoGP on the NCR Honda. I'm sure you have all heard the story of Michelin making tyre to spec and flying them in for the Sunday for Val (Val has since admitted it and acknowledged that it gave him a winning advantage) but Casey says that Michelin would actually give him tyres on the Sunday which were not the tyres he had chosen, practice with and had the bike set up for - and that he would struggle to be competitive as a consequence. He doesn't actually use the words but he was nobbled!!!

I'm surprised that a Moto-jurno hasn't taken the hint and developed an expose, it would most certainly take some of the gloss off Val's championship.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Stocking Stuffers.

Post by Greasemeup »

Good write up :)

I got me an 18CFM Compressor & a combo Sand / Soda blaster for holidays..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Stocking Stuffers.

Post by OzzyElsie »

The other part of the story is, behind every great champion there are great parents.

That is certainly true of Colin and Bronwyn Stoner. Again I had an inkerling but now I have a full appreciation of their contribution and sacrifice.

Remarkable, truly remarkable. As a parent I doff my hat to them.

Again I don't think Casey set out to lionize them but reading between the lines an incredible part of his story.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stocking Stuffers.

Post by hybrid »

I got the book last xmas I think it was - yeah good read.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's