Damn Telstra

Need some help using the website?
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn Telstra

Post by hybrid »

Sorry folks, my cable modem died a week ago, and Telstra have only just managed to get me back online.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Damn Telstra

Post by Greasemeup »

Glad we're back :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Telstra didnt bother to turn up at mine on Fri morn to fix my line Jeff, i got a text Fri eve at 7pm saying they wanted to reschedule for the 1-5pm on the 24th. Bunch of jokers, like any of their guys will work the arvo of the 24th. Pathetic.

Anyway, glad we are all up m8!
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

hybrid wrote:Sorry folks, my cable modem died a week ago, and Telstra have only just managed to get me back online.
I think you mean "Damn Thunder Storms" (lighting) :D

Same thing has happened to me - modem fried!!!

Sobbed, cried a little, started to palpitate, and then calmed, diagnosed it, disconnected it and went down to the Telstra shop receipt in hand (less than 12 months old).

Walked out after an hour's wait with a new replacement which incorporated a wifi. They wanted to charge me an extra $76 but I stood my ground, stamped my feet, had a tissy (very effective given my emotional state of being internet-less) and walked out with a new modem/wifi. :D
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

My new modem was here within a couple of days, but my guess is that you are ADSL?

Cable is different - they have to register your modems MAC (hardware) address on their network or it wont work.
The problem is with their current modem registration system. It says it's successful when its not, and you waste a bunch of time with the useless 1st level support people asking you to do silly things before they send it to second level who then take another few days to sort it.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
smokin074
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by smokin074 »

Good your back was just about to buy a four stroke :D