2MA TZR oil question

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
yamNoCam

2MA TZR oil question

Post by yamNoCam »

Hi All,

Just a quick question re oils for a 2MA TZR.
What gear & 2stk oil would readers recommend for this bike?

Cheers
Cam
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: 2MA TZR oil question

Post by gman »

G'day yamnocam. I'n my tzr and rz i run yamahalube 2r oil. it's around $22 a litre and i,m buying 3-4 a month cause i ride allot. Castrol ttr 2 stroke oil is meant to be the bomb and worth .25 of a horse power increase, price is around $40 a litre. I ride both my bikes into the red line every ride. the yammalube shows good results. Gearbox, i run motul transmission oil 10w 30w, seems good although i do get some clutch slip on the tzr when cold? . Thing with oils i believe is to stick to same oil once you decide.
mboddy
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by mboddy »

Penrite semi synthetic 2 stroke.

Try XT225 clutch springs which are also used in the FIII race kit: 90501-23700-00
yamNoCam

Post by yamNoCam »

Gman,
Thanks for the reply
Do you mean Castrol TTS?

I for no real reason, aside from the fact that it was avail at my local retailer decided on:
Motul 710 2stk and
Motul TransOil Expert 10w40
And yeah I'm with you wrt once decided sticking to that choice.

PS: On the topic of HP gains (probably should be the subject of another post) but have you modified PV controllers to adjust opening and closing RPM?
I hear that 6000->8600 is good for a 2MA?

Cheers
Cam
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

yes i did mean tts on the castrol. The motul will be good just maybe a little pricey. but hey best you can afford is the saying. No i haven't modified controllers just checked the cable adjustment with the chambers of so i can look at power valves whilst adjusting. Seem valves are opening around 6- 6500rpm from the extra hit then My chambers come on the pipe at 7200rpm and i mostly ride above that rpm. great bikes.