suzuki stinger

Topics regarding Suzuki 2Strokes
ritza
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

suzuki stinger

Post by ritza »

hello chaps, bought me a stinger, just like the one in the picture i had on my wall when i was a tacker....any way where is a reasonable source of suzi parts for older bikes, in aus or overseas.....ime in perth so near to nothing anyway :lol:
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: suzuki stinger

Post by Greasemeup »

Watsa "stinger"
ritza
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by ritza »

same as a biter only different. :lol: ...1970, 125 , two stroke twin....tiny bike
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Very neat little bike, upswept exhausts, twin cylinder. If they'd made a 350 or a 500 I'd be all over it.
Suziparts in Adelaide is the only one I know of.
Anyone know how far Suzuki got with their old parts re-issue thing? or did they only do the RGV?
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

Robinsons Foundry in the UK is awesome and also trowel EBay as usual.
ritza
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by ritza »

ebay is pretty skinny for parts most of the time unless u want pattern parts
SPman

Post by SPman »

There's an on-going article in MCC magazine with a Stinger. Great little bikes. I had a T250-II Street Scrambler back in the day, which was always being mistaken for a Stinger -.....
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

VJMC show has ad one last two years, very neat little machine.
Wish there was a 500 equivalent! That'd be a cracking bike :-)
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
ritza
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by ritza »

just bumping this ...still need parts or whole bike
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

The Stinger looked the part but was all noise and no go - with a narrow power band. 125s in Australia were never popular and the Stinger less so.

The market went for the cheap and cheerful 'around town' runabouts like the single cylinder 90's and 100's twoee's, or went 250 or bigger.

Despite good press :roll: and good expectations it sold like pork chops in a synagogue and was only on the market 2-3 years.

I rode one or two back in the day and they were a pain in the wrist and on the ears with soft suspension and dodgy brakes (for sporting pretensions).

It is a worthwhile and historical project but fairly rare in Australia and I think parts will be too. But Ebay in world wide and I'm sure parts will be found. Hopeful yours is fairly original. Some parts like wheels, brakes, switches and lights will probably interchange with other Suzuki models of the period.

There was a tune up kit for the Stinger but even the tuned bikes were dogs next to the Yammy AS1-2 (both standard and tuned). There must have been some fundamental flaw with the design - wrong bore to stroke? Too small a ports?
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
ritza
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by ritza »

[quote="OzzyElsie"]Image

this is a 1969 model chrome pipes, black tips (missing)....mine is a 1970 series 2...black pipes chrome tips. mine is the same colour as this....mike