MC28

Topics regarding Honda 2Strokes
foxmcscrooge

MC28

Post by foxmcscrooge »

Hi all,

Thought I might post a few shots of my MC28 which I'm quite happy with after spending a small fortune on. It's a 96 R2T although it has Chinese 95SP fairings as I'm a bit of a Doohan fan and I haven't managed to find all the originals yet. It's pretty much had a full nut and bolt rebuild. I've also added a few performance parts mostly from Tyga including: billet triples, rear sets, carbon airbox, reed block/reeds, billet exhaust manifolds, exhaust, HRC030 PGMIV and HRC carb internals. It's also had some porting work, mainly just smoothing any irregularities, matching the ports and flowing the exhaust ports/matching to the billet manifolds. The heads were also skimmed. It's putting out low 60s HP which is pretty decent for an MC28; especially one still running an airbox. The MC21 is a lot easier to get more power out of. I had some parts wet blasted on it, including the fork sliders and engine cases while I had it all disassembled.

Next shot is a Dyno chart. This was before I fitted the HRC carb parts. Basically installed some leaner, adjustable needles as it was way rich on the needles and HRC air jets which are more restrictive and got rid of that lean spot at around 6-9K RPM at WOT. I also got some 155 mains rather than the drilled mains. It's much stronger in the mid range now and a tad stronger up top.

pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: MC28

Post by pkay »

Nice, I have an MC21. Bit of a nightmare to maintain but an awesome bike to ride
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Honda has always made a quality bike, it looks great :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
foxmcscrooge

Post by foxmcscrooge »

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it. Don't think I'll ever get rid of it to be honest. For a little racer it's pretty comfortable on longer rides and has a pretty decent midrange around town. I haven't seen the need for a steering dampener yet either which is certainly not the case with the few RGVs I've owned over the years. I was offered an MC21 with it when I bought it an I'm kicking myself I didn't buy it as well. Most of the parts are interchangeable and the 21 makes a better track bike. Much cheaper to de-restrict too. The only hassle I've had with the bike is I've cracked the mounts on both pipes a few times and had to re-weld them. I've just installed some hangers on the cans so hopefully that sorts things.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

They look like stainless pipes... stainless does like to crack.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's