RZ Cafe Racer

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
Stevodude

Re: RZ Cafe Racer

Post by Stevodude »

It's been said before, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one LOL

I quite like the style, just not all that metal.

Feel free to chop up anything you own into any style you like.

As long as you are happy doing it and happy with the result, then what anyone else says is a moot point.

I have some ideas on turning a cbx 6 into chopper, an xr600 into a cart, Rz350 in a drag bike, gsx750 into a cafe style bike.
Most are going to be ugly, and i may not have the time or skills to build them all, but it is a form of artwork AND personal expression.

Well done to those who take the leap.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

BRG1200 wrote: Do we like the idea that every mongo with an angle grinder is chopping up classics?
What, taking a gas axe and a rattle can to a CD250 or a GSX400 or a DT250?
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I wouldnt care as such if they made a decent job of it, most seem to run out of talent once they run out of the pics in this months Tatoo magazine and their mum needs the garage space back for her Merc. If only they used (gained?) some knowledge to source parts that worked and made something cohesive it would help... tho exhaust wrap is a still a sin, no matter where you use it...
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

I reckon its great - run whatcha brung approach to custom.

Done of this, its gotta be a Harley, its gotta be a Trumpy.

Don't even worry about talents - just give it a go - express yourself - make a statement. Although I must admit I wonder about drug addled minds at times - 'Why bother?' You put how much time, how much money into a CT110?

Viva la diffenence :P

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

The first one is strange, but im assuming it was built as a top speed machine for setting records, the other two are not bad at all. but... well... The LC proves my point... wayy wrong tank... the whole thing looks unbalanced, heavy looking front end, lightweight looking rear... its what we might call 'unhappy styling'.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

OzzyElsie wrote:
BRG1200 wrote: Do we like the idea that every mongo with an angle grinder is chopping up classics?
What, taking a gas axe and a rattle can to a CD250 or a GSX400 or a DT250?
Have you been rifling about in my shed?
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Having said all that, the wire wheel project Doc03 was selling was starting to look really good. It's all in the proportions and lines.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.