Nice!
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
GrahamQLD
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Re: TDR250 Project

Post by GrahamQLD »

Thanks guys. I've seen images of your blue/red bike on another forum before mboddy, very nice.
Current plan is to just use the bike maybe once a week to ride 25km into work instead of driving the work van. Other than that maybe a weekend sprint into the hills to visit the cafes and check out the other bikes. I'm in north Brisbane very close to Mt Mee and Mt Glorious areas.
I'm checking out some used tyres at the moment with 70% tread, so I'm trying to go with the sizes I'm finding. the front is no issue, found BT45 90 90 18.
The rear is a bit more tricky. Everything seems to be 70 aspect. There a BT45 110/70 17. Otherwise its all 120 or 130/80 s.
I will not be riding this thing on the road like it's a race track, I have a race bike with a completely controlled environment to take risks on, the road is not the place for stupidity. What are you opinions on the rear choice?
mboddy
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by mboddy »

120/80 should be good with the 90/90
GrahamQLD
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by GrahamQLD »

Got some more carb cleaner today and fully stripped both the carbys and cleaned the internals properly. Now the thing runs so nice, starts first kick effortlessly and idles nice. Looking through the exhaust ports the pistons have hardly any wear marks and the head look like the engines never been ridden, completely clean. So keen for a squirt but must be patient.....
GrahamQLD
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by GrahamQLD »

SO, long time without an update here. Sort of felt a bit out of my league here sharing all the small stuff.
But after quite the while the bike is now registered as of today!
Engine was all in fantastic nick, had just been rebuilt. Went through most of the obvious things but money constraints kept holding it all up.
Refreshed the carbs, rebuild the front and rear calipers, new spokes in the rear wheel. Cleaned out the pipes, bought new BT45 tyres, sourced some small odds n sods, machined up a couple of others. Decided to give the whole strip and paint thing a miss for the moment and get to ride the thing instead!
Last wait is for the Qride course next week to upgrade the licence and then we are all set. Appreciate everyones suggestions along the way.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

if it all gets too much I'll take it off yer hands......
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Mbody recommends Racetech Gold Valve Emulators, I got mine on order :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrahamQLD
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by GrahamQLD »

Finally got to ride it properly (on the road at least)
Such a strong hit of power, definitely some fun stuff. Suspension is very much too soft, even for my light weight. I found it quite noticeable on change of direction.
All and all what a fantastic bike though. Pretty comfy, the sound of those twin cylinders ticking along in perfect sync is every bit as good as I thought it would be!
Poor thing is just dying to stretch it's legs but traffic is so restrictive on it. 100km/h takes some concentration, seems to be right on the bottom edge of the powerband. Thats a little temping really :-) !!!
GrahamQLD
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by GrahamQLD »

Still needs a whole lot of cleaning up but bit too fun for the moment......
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Jealousy is a terrible thing.
I can confirm that now that I've seen the pics.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Welcome to the world of hooning. Great bike for tight twisty stuff but the standard suspension on the front is hopeless in the fast sweeping stuff. You have the fastest colour too so that helps. I put Lomas pipes on mine not sure if it makes any more power but sounds the business.