So many lies in ads...

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: So many lies in ads...

Post by OzzyElsie »

What a relief; by the heading I thought you were going to commit the moral sin of discussing politics. :twisted:

Nice bike, reasonable price (at this stage). :P
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Having said that, at a glance it doesn't look too bad. Anyone need any help with it I'm in SA. There's a decent small transport company in Port Lincoln, Kennedy's Transport.

Port Lincoln's a bit out in the sticks to my mind, it may not get too much attention, RZ's haven't grabbed the attention of the fashionable hordes yet. I'm sure it will come but for now I'm seeing reasonable RZ prices if you don't mind putting the work or costs into a bike.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

ok, its not terrible, but really its not original is it like has been said, and you dont paint something unless you drop it, and not dropped in 30+ years... well... really? and... just chnage fluids and ride it, not crank seals then... sigh...

Anyway, at 1500 its ok value, if you like the paint job then youre set i guess. :)
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

How much does a Postie bike go for these days?
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

An original one? LOL

Nice cheap rego on a postie bike, but not really much of a performer. There is a huge thing about modding them now as well with all sorts being done, guys have made small businesses of doing them up as well. IMHO its not a bike i would ride anywhere its too slow and dull, but guys have ridden across the country for charity on em, I might do something like that one day, but not as an everday ride.

FWIW the new postie bikes that werent hondas failed as they had huge issues and the posties hated em. the new Honda's on the other hand were well received and seem to be reliable so far. My postie gives me an update on these whenever i see him, hes a biker and rides an old Triumph so knows his bikes, nice chap too.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I've thought about dumping my career and becoming a bike postie... top job I reckon. No stress and riding a bike around all day.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

...and you get to do jumps, set out by tradies.... so long as you dont crash :)
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

So many lies in ads...

Post by Greasemeup »

hybrid wrote:I've thought about dumping my career and becoming a bike postie... top job I reckon. No stress and riding a bike around all day.

Haha, that's what I thought wen I got a job as a postie! Turns out you sort mail for 6 hours starting early then deliver for 2, must be finished and back on time and can't go over 100kg otherwise they buy you a new pair of shoes every 3 months :) just to add confusion, when you start, you have to do holiday relief work until a permanent run spot opens up. Not what I thought it was going to be.

The older postie bikes are very mechanical to ride, imagine not having a clutch, you sure do miss it when you first start riding one. They have their charms but make an RDLC feel like a futuristic fantasy machine..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Was that in AUS GMU?

Dammit you have ruined my escape from the rat race plans.
Back to the drawing board :lol:
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Yep, Sydney. Ended up walking the beat in Matraville, got quickly fed up & quit. Not what I was expecting at all. Could have handled sorting & delivery but changing runs every 2 weeks blew it for me.

Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Get yourself a coffee stand in the city or transit centre somewhere, plenty or wired girls that have never been on the back of a shiny yellow 2 stroke before :) Deviate!!

Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

This one looks ready, she even took a photo for your perousal, comments and authourization. Is there anything else she needs, i dont know?

I hope we arent getting off topic here, just in case here is a nice picture of truth in advertising!

BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I think she's misunderstood the arrangement >;-)

"If it f*cks, flies or floats - RENT it"
(it'll be cheaper in the long run)
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

Back to topic..its funny how we all are so used to finding cheap reasonable 2 strokes ovr the last 20 yrs as pple seem to have forgotten about them..how ever when we go to sell one we complain that they are hard to sell for a decent price and are more bike then what they are worth.. I think 2k for a complete tidy running bike is a good price, especially one which a whole world wide cult following is based around, like stated befor try buying a ct110 or a cb250 or gn250..for less then 2k in reasonable running condition..they have their place but surely can not compare to the like of an rz..but we expect the rz to be cheaper and well sorted... beleive me the golden days of buying these bikes, tzr rd rz rg for a song are over..