Anyone seen a cushdrive like this before?

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone seen a cushdrive like this before?

Post by hybrid »

I'm chasing a chain "skipping" issue that I found with the bike on the track on Friday. Hard to put into words, but the bike would lose drive for a split second, make a kinda clunking sound and then drive again. Usually only in the lower gears.

I'm pretty sure it's the chain skipping, which is quite weird. Not sure if it's worn sprocket(s), stretched chain, chain alignment, or something else.

I've taken the rear wheel out and removed the cushdrive. Actually I didn't think it had one at all. Anyone seen this type before? They are Marvic wheels.

Does the sprocket look overly worn? I don't think so. I will replace it anyway I think, but it looks custom made to me.

I haven't removed the front sprocket yet, as I need to buy a big socket to get that off.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Anyone seen a cushdrive like this before?

Post by JonW »

Skipping is usually the front sprocket Ive found but its a bizarre thing to have happen on a bike you work on and like LOL
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone seen a cushdrive like this before?

Post by hybrid »

Its not done a lot of k's either, which is why its so strange. It was custom made by talon for me. Will have a good look at it when I get it off. Stretched chain might be the issue, but its also relatively new. I should measure between links. That would prematurely wear the sprockets too.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's