Foot peg hangers.

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Foot peg hangers.

Post by Greasemeup »

Need some suggestions / advise.

I have an RZ with a wider swing arm, the Microns will fit if I space out the foot peg hangars by about 10mm. Holding on the hangers are 3 standard looking 10mm socket head cap screws which can be replaced with longer ones to accommodate the spacers but there is 1 proprietary bolt that has provision for the gear change leaver to mount off. Has anybody made a replacement with longer threads, or is there another solution?

Option 1 - Get a replacement made for the proprietary hanger.
Option 2 - Get some aftermarket rear set's ?

Whatdayathink?

GMU..
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Foot peg hangers.

Post by BRG1200 »

Will eventually be after rearsets for my aircooled coffin tanker, as GMU is looking for options hopefully I'm not hijacking by asking what brand rearsets people look for and where
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Tarozi are the most obvious, but Raask did some as did other. T12 Tech did some nice ones for the RZ with a guy on the rdrz500 forum, worth a look perhaps if you have an RZ, no idea on specifics for an AC sorry.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I'll have a look on the 500 forum, haven't looked on other forums for ages. Cheers chaps
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

TBH I hate the idea of paying big money for, functionally the same thing as I already have. Other issues include, not knowing if it will actually solve the original problem, as well as introducing new ones, such as moving the foot pegs back and or up (I like em where they are) as well as either loosing the exhaust mount or changing it from a rubber hanger to a hard mount.

Norbo doesn't sell extended thread gear selector pin, just the standard one, so I think it shouldn't be too expensive to have a bolt modified.

I do like the F2 hangers though, anybody got a cheap set for sale / exchange?

GMU..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I know someone who will make you an extended gear selector pin if you need one...

F2 hangers are great, not seen a decent set for sale for a while sadly.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

UK sites
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

posting them from the uk to here will cost more than the things themselves :/
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Maybe, but if something is your only option etc.
We all get things from abroad from time to time. If I painted a world map in my garage I'd cover more than half a dozen countries ;-)
We need to all do a correspondence course in Japanese.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

thats true as you say... I am usually surprised if i can find a part I need in Aus, usually it has to come from somewhere else, old and new.