RZ250 1988 N2 in Sydney SOLD (in 3 days flat!)

Looking to sell a 2Stroke bike?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

RZ250 1988 N2 in Sydney SOLD (in 3 days flat!)

Post by JonW »

James is migrating to a larger bike and is selling his RZ. Its a good runner and been used a lot the past 18months - he often does 4-500kms in a day on it on rideouts. P plate legal and has Rego until December and ready to ride... Au$2995

http://tinyurl.com/n9yack3

(the pipes in the pics do not come with the bike)
Last edited by JonW on Mon May 25, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: RZ250 1988 N2 in Sydney

Post by JonW »

I should also add that if anyone wants the Wicked gearlever (fits all RZs, but not the LC AFAIK), and the fork brace (fits 1985-on variable damper forks only), then drop me a line and I will pass your details to James.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

That two-tone fence looks familiar
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Yep, you might well recognise them... the bike came form Old Gold and was imported from Japan about 18mths back. Since then James has been right through it, fitting new OEM pistons and rings (over $800 in parts!) to freshen up the top end and finally sorted an electrical gremlin with a nos coil and a stator rewind, as well as hours spent cleaning and sorting out the loom connectors. He also lowered the bars by fitting the older style triples with a brand new Renthal bars which really helped him get a better riding position for longer journeys on it. Weird as that setup actually fits lower than the old clip ons and yet still feels better to sit on, proving that the original design was better for these bikes I think.

Ok, Its not my bike but Ive been impressed with it and the work he has done. I reckon that If youre looking for a runner to get on and ride this is a great bike, and if you want an easier to complete project (well much simpler than the ones most of us tackle!) that only needs cosmetics then this is a good base for that too.