Feeling Lazy.....

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Feeling Lazy.....

Post by JonW »

To be honest its a funny way to take a motor for an LC in this day n age. The LC bottom end has few options for uprated / new top ends, but the RZ has everything the banshee boys have made for us over the years, with current RnD as well. Hence why many of us have used them. With the RZ based unit you can go as far as a triple with 900cc, or more, if you wanted, with all new parts including CNC crank cases, cylinders etc. The mention of TZ parts sends some boys weak at the knees but it seems like a complication for sourcing and then work by fahron etc. I expect fahron to have done decent porting work for the LC, but quite how it rides on the road as Jeff says, well, you would need to go and have a go, and if spending 30k I would think you would :)
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

We can rationalise it till the cows come home, but in the end it's just another beautiful, overpriced ego-blaster built by someone who obviously knows his stuff, and has no compunctions whatsoever about ripping off some misguided dopey rich twat!
(Just MHO). :mrgreen:
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Most 50 yo's are looking for a more comfortable looking ride, check out the riding position, wrists & knees bent.
Doesn't look like much steering lock to lock either.

Appreciate the quality of work, blah blah blah..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

JonW wrote:not a hater, its a fine thing, I just dont want one. Same way few (none, I suspect) of you would want my bikes, I dont want his as its not to my taste. Its nice n all, but I dont have 30k, and can build my own, the way i would want it, and for me building is part of the fun. :)
I'll have em if you're done with em... :wink:
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I'm a Pom, this is what I'd see as an Essex bike, and thats fine if you like bling.
It's not so much about performance as bling and bragging rights for how much you can do to a bike. And I'm actually not criticising, horses for courses, its not my sort of thing, but a lot of skill and time went into it
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

What would an R6 do to any of our old strokers....
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Oooh hoo now BRRG, tell us about Essex Girls eh?!
Hee-hee... :fap:
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Its all true