CycleTorque - Two Pot Screamer

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

CycleTorque - Two Pot Screamer

Post by OzzyElsie »

http://www.cycletorque.com.au/rz250-two ... Y0Bu4W_3zI

"but there were also a few younger guys riding Yamaha RD250LCs and Suzuki GT250X7s, but the gun machine, the one with all the street cred, was definitely the RD." 8)

"Well, recently I bought myself a 1986 RZ250 Japanese import and went back to the youth I could have but never did have." :Clap:

"But what impressed me was how much fun I had on that shortish ride,..." :lol:

"Ahh, now I understand what the fuss was all about those years ago." :wink:

"Other than that I love it." :D

"If like me you like the classics, the RZ or RD series are fantastic little fun machines. Relive your wasted youth."
:Clap: :mrgreen:

"Anyway I did try my luck at classic racing with a Suzuki T250 Hustler, which always seemed to break down, as did a string of two-stroke enduro bikes I had at the time. I always liked four-strokes better."

Oh Dear, here we go again. What he fails to mention is the ignorant callow youth loose on the tools doing the 'tune up'. Twoee's are so simple they attract the home tune to 'have a go'. When it blow up its the fault of the twoee's. I raced and enduroed twoee's from MX to Dirt Track to Road Racing and I never had a 'fail to proceed' let alone a catastrophic failure. And I wasn't kind or soft on them and I wasn't the most diligent maintainer. I just didn't muck with them and tune them to the nth degree.

“We used to take the pipes off, get rid of the fuel, let it sit for a day, put new plugs in and away they’d go. We’d charge them a day’s labour.” The price of ignorance I guess.
" No, that is immoral thievery - a rip off - and they wonder why they eventually closed their doors - immoral shortsighted idiots and this idiot now wishes to romance it :roll: .
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: CycleTorque - Two Pot Screamer

Post by Greasemeup »

I rode one as a courier bike in Sydney for over a year, back when fuel wasn't over $1./L.

Reliable alright, just the odd niggle but never left me stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk