RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Owwwww my eyes!

Post by BRG1200 »

Did ya poke em on the pointy forks?
A whole lot of effort went into that. Yamaha clearly mmissed a trick, we could have had those instead of the LC, oh well, in another life....
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

What a waste of a perfectly good tank!!
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I think thats on of Frambuilder's bikes thats just been completed, hes on a few forums. The suspension with those led down shocks and forks would be 'interesting' to ay the least, but at least its different :)
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Hmmm. Sculpture over function.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

Umm different, that's all I've got for this one lol
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

BRG1200 wrote:Hmmm. Sculpture over function.
Well, calling that 'sculpture" is vastly overstating it!
Good luck to the builder, but hopefully he doesn't think that he's any sort of stylist. No-one should be fooled by the 'over-the-top' schoolboy styling.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Damien Hurst is considered sculpture....
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

US Customs is supposed to have a definition of art, for their categorisation purposes:
"Anything with a high monetary value and no practical application"
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

BRG1200 wrote:Damien Hurst is considered sculpture....
Yes, and for good reason, Hurst is a brilliant artist.

And BRG, to be honest, having experienced US Customs a few times, I'm amazed that they can even spell the word 'art' let alone give us a decent definition of it !!!
:lol:
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

God Jools, you're an art enthusiast!
I've had a few friends who were arty types, it's always seemed to me that a lot of the art world, like fashion, is a game of The Emporers New Clothes. I'm sure that isn't an unusual opinion.
Hurst did a show in UK where he built a house for himself and his Missus, didn't build a fish tank with half a cow in it, had a perfect Shaker cottage built. Bullshit for the Buyers, something else entirely for himself.
In that respect, sure, maybe he was showing his actual colours and taste, but he knows how to blow smoke up the "art world", and make a few quid ;-)
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I'm going to suspend an RZ in a fishtank full of formaldehyde, I'm sure I can make a few quid...
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

I know it seems hard to take sometimes, but it helps to look behind the shallow publicised facade and see the real substance behind it all. (Did you see this crap about Hurst in the Mail?) Sometimes the guy might be 'having a lend' of people, satirising people's materialistic, shallow little lives'. - We need that, -I think that's a great laugh. And if you think that the stock exchange makes any more sense please explain ?!!!

TBH I don't really want to get into this discussion, because it always seems to become a 'them and us' discussion which it just shouldn't be. I've worked with brilliant engineers who've recognised that aesthetics and industrial design - all that 'other' right-brained stuff is not something that is about what you might or might not like at all. It's about achieving the absolute finest combination of form and function possible. It's them WITH us.

I spent a professional lifetime acquiring and refining expertise in this creative "arty type" stuff, and people like me are constantly amazed by the uneducated, naiive, arrogant assumptions made by people who know sweet F.A. about it. I used to say to my clients: "What would you say to your heart surgeon... or your consulting engineer when they stated what you need? Would you say "Naaa, don't like that, it'd be better like this"? No, you respect the expertise of these people. So what is it that makes people so dismissive of designer's expertise?
(Sorry! here endeth the lecture, - really it's my RZ (amongst other machines) that occupies my creativity nowadays!
(And hey, if you think it's just the "art world" "blowing smoke up"... you maybe need to check some of the absolute rip-off exploitation happening in the motorcycle world). What a laugh!
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

this hipster stripped back bike thing has gone a bit too far with that shitter. Thank christ Ichiban moto can put it all into perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMyIUb6_CY
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

Just incase that last post has anyone wanting to get famous making hipster bikes this video might help too lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMwxnLwcIOs