Yamaha DT200R 3ET magneto set and related parts

Got some parts to sell?
James P
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Yamaha DT200R 3ET magneto set and related parts

Post by James P »

I bought these as a job lot for a project about 5 years ago, but never used them. The previous owner told me that they all came off the same bike which was running fine before it was dismantled. I have given the stator coil resistance measurements below, but cannot guarantee that anything works.

A – Flywheel rotor. Looks in good order, taper and keyway good, woodruff key included.

B – Magneto stator. Looks good, no visible damage. Mounting screws included. Coil resistances are:

Timing coil W/B-W/R 330Ω
LT ignition coil G/W- B/R 230Ω
Lighting coils Y/R-earth 0.2Ω, W-earth 0.2Ω, B-earth 0Ω
Neutral switch wire Sb between ends 0Ω

C – CDI unit. No visible damage.

D – Rectifier/regulator. No visible damage.

E – Wiring loom. Needs a good clean, a few bullet connectors missing, otherwise looks OK.

F – Control unit. This is the component which decides whether to allow the engine to run based on the position of side stand and neutral switches. No visible damage.

All above parts A to F inclusive $75.

The parts are located in Sydney’s inner west. Inspection and collection by appointment is welcome. Alternatively, I will send them by post at the buyer’s expense (I recommend registered post/COD/tracking etc., but it is the buyer’s choice). Payment by cash is preferred, but postal money order or PayPal will be OK, as long as the buyer pays all charges. Any questions – please ask!

Thanks & regards,
James