yamaha monday, 84 rz's

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

yamaha monday, 84 rz's

Post by gman »

G'gay race fans. Took the day of monday to ride. Back roads are quite, road my tzr on a favourite loop in the morning. After luch i pumped the tires up on the rz. Rode springbrook hill at the back of the gold coast. The rz was running awsome, 2nd gear power wheelies coming out of corners. I can;t decide if i like the tzr more then the rz.
Anyway after the ride i rode to my yamaha dealer to test ride a new R3 for the brother in law who wants to start riding on the rode. . i rode it and liked it, as far as a new bike for a bloke staring out it's fine. . I think my rz is faster, more manuerable has a better seat and brakes are on par with the r3. When i pulled up at the dealer a bike shop next door had the same vintage, colour rz as mine. Young mechanic took his helmet of and said the bikes a rocket.
Anyway met the owner named terry and talked bikes for a bit. He also owns a tzr250 2ma and a 86 f2 rz 350. Used to race lc's. Nice bloke probable be aged late 50's. We took some photo's of the 2 together. Notice the extra ride hight on my rz? (right). R6 shock conversion, I really like the tuned sound of his stock pipes. think i have to fast track the reserection of my 83 rz. After a few scotches i've thought maybe i should posted in general ramble.
Last edited by gman on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: yamaha monday, 84 rz's

Post by gman »

JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Great post! Always love to hear about people riding their bikes and finding another person with the same (rare) colours is fantastic!
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

That ride height gives it a nice bit of poise
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.