Anyone need an RD/RZ. F2 / N2 tank?

Got some parts to sell?
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Anyone need an RD/RZ. F2 / N2 tank?

Post by BRG1200 »

Cripes Gavin, I'll give you fifty bucks and a bag of spuds for the blue one!!!
Thats what I need - 31K tanks
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Gavin »

Ha, I'm not sure what cost a bag of spuds runs at currently but that blue one cost me considerably more than you are offering. Incidentally I've seen some comments about fuel tanks and aircraft transport. For the record, the blue tank travelled with me from Tasmania on Jetstar with me. I had some issues in Launceston but all my paperwork was in order and a wife willing to placate a potentially inflammable situation if you pardon the pun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
86 RZ250F restored. 84 RZ500 rebuild in progress, 73 CT3 in progress
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Heh heh heh, can't believe you got a fuel tank past the Baggage Nazis!
The bastards at Brisbane made me stow our specially designed cabin baggage pram in the hold, didn't give a shit about Baby - had many crap experiences like that when we used to travel. Your Missus must be very persuasive.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Gav not your fault mate,how were you to know?
If you find yourself with a spare tank id be glad to talk turkey bout it.
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Gavin »

Cheers L.B. The sooner I get around to finishing the 250 the sooner I can start the next one and work out what I need to complete it. These projects are fun but they take bloody ages when you don't know what you are doing.

L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Gavin wrote:Mate, I feel bad but I got it. Hopefully it's in the post. If it's any good I may have a spare now, that I had shipped from the UK. It's very solid with minimal rust inside but has been banged about. I'll get back to you in a few days if you like. Gavin

Hi Gav,
Mate not your fault,dont feel bad please.
But either way Id be interested in the '86 F2 tank if you end up with a spare.
Now regarding the talk about the '84 31K tank,Im awaiting word from someone about a 31K tank I might have available for sale too.But it needs some work & there is a pecking order sorry gents lol.BRG your next in line.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Great :-) thanks LB
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Gavin wrote:Mate, I feel bad but I got it. Hopefully it's in the post. If it's any good I may have a spare now, that I had shipped from the UK. It's very solid with minimal rust inside but has been banged about. I'll get back to you in a few days if you like. Gavin

Right.....3rd time Ive replied to this thread.....each time my posts dissappeared.
Gavin not your fault so please dont feel bad about it,was obviously a mix up.
But if you end up with a spare tank Id be glad to buy it.

Now without trying to do Gavin out of a sale......
BRG I have a 31K tank here that has the bottom corners cut out & replacement pieces to go back in but needs a pretty competant welder,with the RAN subs now being built down your way Im guessing you wont have a problem finding a decent welder.
Yours for what I paid for it + postage.Send me your email & ill send some pics back.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Interesting, I know a sparkie who works with the subs, hadn't thought of that line of enquiry.
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Gavin »

L.B. - I can still see all 3 of your posts. It makes for strange reading now. Maybe try another browser or clear your cache and re-load. Or try Tapatalk the app.
I'm good for tanks now. I have all the ones I need plus a spare for each. I'll offload the spares once the painting is complete. I'll let the good folks on here have first dibs as return karma.

Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Gavin »

eBay UK has a few currently. 262062363242 needs work but has started low $.
281804593670 is nice but pricey. If you don't need it spraying it might be a good buy. Don't forget the $100 shipping. Shame about the exchange rate.