Cafe Racer Epic Fails

Post your Project Bike threads here.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Cafe Racer Epic Fails

Post by BRG1200 »

The fashion angle has blurred right over, just seen a dragster style bicycle tagged as cafe racer on gumtree, and a bit more worryingly, an old Bell helmet. If people start digging out 30 and 40 year old helmets coz they look cool, well there's going to be some unfortunate consequences when they crash.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Yes Ive seen both of those things as well, its a scary world...

Arguably more scary is this:

Its obviously not complete, and Pete (as he says he's called) does say 'What you see in the pictures is loosely placed together to create an image of what could be if you have the skills. This is a big project.', I truly hope he has just lumped a bunch of his spare old parts together to pi$$ them off quickly, but I fear from what he's said that he conceived this look deliberately... let's hope not...

You can buy it too... As if... LOL! :D But people have big it to $575 already, for the engine I think, not the rest of it...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yamaha-XT500 ... SwA4dWNybZ
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Oferf...
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

We should be thankful that he didn't finish building it.

It looks like a technicolor dog turd.