best performing stock pipes??

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

best performing stock pipes??

Post by twinrock »

What are the best performing stock pipes.. I currently have 350 f2 pipes..they feel soo lethargic..and sound terrible..I like the look of early cigar pipes..but also lookin at cutting the mufflers off the f2 and putting better less restrictive ones on..just lookin at options for stock set up..befor I look at chambers..Thanks
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: best performing stock pipes??

Post by JonW »

the ones you have are the best really, maybe they need a good clean out with caustic soda?
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

twinrock wrote:What are the best performing stock pipes.. I currently have 350 f2 pipes..they feel soo lethargic..and sound terrible..I like the look of early cigar pipes..but also lookin at cutting the mufflers off the f2 and putting better less restrictive ones on..just lookin at options for stock set up..befor I look at chambers..Thanks
Keep the cans and gut the pipes would be better.

"they feel soo lethargic" I not sure what you are comparing to or what you expect from the poor old 2t 350 but you might have other issues.

But really the answer is properly designed pipes. And they can be quiet and still produce good power.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

There was long and dare I say "exhaustive" testing done on most pipes available on a dyno by some of the fellas on the UK LC forum which seems to back up what Jon an OZ are saying, worth a read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

Thanks guys..Yeah I have cut pipes open befor to remove all the internal linings..its messy work..Including a tzr 2ma pipes I also redid the end cans too..it was an Improvement..and lightened up quite a bit..