Historic Rego NSW changes...

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
James P
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Re: Historic Rego NSW changes...

Post by James P »

twinrock wrote:...when I spoke to the local guys they said its really up to the discretion of the club your with..they were saying there were members with full moded cafe type stuff along side fully factory...
Yes - that has been my experience. I'm a member of a club (none of those mentioned so far!) which has so far allowed ANY modification if it can be proved that the modification existed 30 years ago, provided the bike is safe/roadworthy. This applies to hot rod car clubs too, as none of those are original...!

If one is dedicated enough, one can form one's own club (e.g. NSW Historic Modified Two-Stroke Club :lol: ) and, in due course, get the benefit of historic registration.

Regards,
James
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I'm up for joining the Australian 2 Stroke Resto-mod Society....
Last edited by BRG1200 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

me too... none of my mods pass the 30yr rule, doesnt make them bad bikes tho and most guys who love the original bikes still love them. I just dont have the finance to fully rego my fleet, or I would.
ajs71
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by ajs71 »

Fellow strokers...

Recently joined vjmc and have to say I have been very impressed with the welcome and help I have already received.
Membership kit came in the post less than a week after joining. Their vjmc mag is also a good read and resource.
My 10c worth, cheers A.