Gone fishin

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Gone fishin

Post by BRG1200 »

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/willagee ... 1099504870

I have only one thing to say, contemptuously, but Hybie would have to censor it :wink:
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gone fishin

Post by hybrid »

It's negotiable.. maybe he'll knock 10k off the price?

Maybe his wife is making him sell.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Maybe he should sell his wife!
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

1AR?
Looks like an RZ to me and there ain't THAT much diff between them!
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I meant 1AH.... Typo... its is the rarest of them I reckon, the 85 RZ350R. very few sold in Aus....
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Sorry Jon, wasn't picking you up on the model, didn't recognise the number, my point was that the RZ children don't fall far from the tree, fifteen grand is fecking strong money, could get yourself a trio of superbikes for that.
The YPVS is my all time fave/most relevant bike, but thats more than they're worth.

Am I a Heretic?!?
Should I be burned at the stake?!?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Dunno about burning you at the stake D, in the 3 days (and not stopping today thats for sure) of rain weve been suffering here in Syd right now, Id struggle to locate any wood dry enough LOL

Yes I agree that 15k is waaaay too much, my point being to that its a rare model, not that the seller knows that I suspect, more that hes just trying his luck.

While I agree the RZs are all pretty close as you say, there are some that are different enough to be quite hard to restore. The 85 'F1' models are part early and part late, but have a lot of bespoke parts ie wiring loom, CDI and other parts, including 2 small cover parts that fit over the fairing stay which are always missing... The low numbers sold worldwide of this model is made worse here as we have very few 350s, tho the 250 was actually the better model if im honest and maybe the best of the 250 RZs having the 51Ls etc etc... Anyway, as while you might find some of the generic parts between the 250 and 350 like the loom, other parts are really hard to find. This makes these bikes all hard to restore, ask anyone who has / is trying. Currently in Aus LB and I are the only ones I know of trying to restore from scratch (ie old clunkers) but a few guys have nice 250s (some post here, or used to) but very few are 350s, and yes mine is a 250 that Im converting of course.

Anyway, if this has peaked your interest, here is an article I wrote about the 85 and why I wanted one, you'll need a beverage and a comfy seat, or a long train ride home lol

http://2smoked.com/Yamaha_1985_RZ250_YP ... RZ350.html
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

Maybe the jacket is worth the money and the bike is just thrown in.

I'm glad my RZ250 is about finished but maybe it will be worth too much to ride!!
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Looks like it is actually: "C/W XLarge jacket with removable inner winter liner and shark helmet "

This interests me: "ceramic front brakes." And my bum's a banjo... as a person once said...