picture of headlight in bike

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
rdrob
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

picture of headlight in bike

Post by rdrob »

Hi Guys, I'm missing something to hold the headlight in place at the back it has a screw to hold the horizontal adjust by the looks but mine is missing so have no idea what screw goes through it or where it screws to stop it moving.

Would someone mind attaching a picture as the Haynes workshop manual is pretty bad for picture quality.

Oh it's a rd250lc 1981 I'd imagine the 350 is the same.

Thanks Rob
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: picture of headlight in bike

Post by JonW »

Rob, have you downloaded the parts book?

http://rd350lc.net/pageMICROFICHE.htm

This shows the parts and how they fit. but the top locks into the headlight shell, the lower screw taps into the headlight rim.
rdrob
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by rdrob »

Hi Jon, Thanks I did but I cant see where the light screws to? It's the screw at the back side of the shell that locks it in for the horizontal adjust. I think I'm missing a part maybe when the bike was put back together by previous owner not sure. I have attached the area I mean.
Attachments
light.jpg
light.jpg (16.58 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

The light itself is held in with a couple of fine thread screws through the plastic shell into the chrome rim.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

The bit you highligted allows the headlight to remain adjsuted for height, so long as your clock bracket is there LOL ...the ones you need are lower down, each side.

rdrob
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by rdrob »

Thanks but Im not explaining myself very well jeweller not mechanic lol. In the picture Jon posted at the back area of the black plastic housing their is a bolt numbered 25 that goes into the slot of the housing to firm the whole headlight mine does not have that and if you touch the whole headlight it swivels on the two bolts attached to the brackets off eack fork. Even with that bolt there is nothing for mine to bolt against. So I'm thinking I have not got something otherwise riding down the road the headlight moves. Hope I explained it well enough?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

yes youve not got a bracket, no 16 below:

sadly its quite normal for them to be missing. I can ask around if you like and see if anyone has one, but most people have whole clocks and will only sell them whole. :/
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Of course you could make that bracket, its pretty simple... 10mm nut welded to a bent piece of mild steel. the 2 lumps locate it on the instrument plate, but you could get round that...
rdrob
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by rdrob »

Hi you are the man thanks I looked at that picture and never noticed it. If you know anyone yes please if not your right maybe make one up might be the best option. Just trying to get the shopping list so most things are there for putting it back together. Thanks again