Gold Coast Electroplating lost my parts

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Gold Coast Electroplating lost my parts

Post by gman »

good to hear they honour there word. good luck with your build on the gs eztwoc.
If you ever want to race an rz350 up springwood or tomewin on that gs send me a message.
eztwoc

Post by eztwoc »

Thanks gman, but dont think I would keep up with you. Old and slow. There are bold riders and there are old riders, but there are no bold old riders. Anyway did have a 1978 RD200 once still love the 2 stroke. Also some new news.

UPDATE 12/2/16
Received phone call from Gold Coast Electroplating. Someone has just contacted them stating that they are missing a swing arm bolt for their motorcycle. I was told to stop buying anymore parts as this could be the person with your missing parts. I was told that a panel beater is rebuilding a motorcycle for someone at the Gold Coast and has just discovered this missing part. I am now waiting for my next call. A bit late as I have already spent all the compensation money on ordering new parts. Today 25/2/16 got a call again from GC Electroplating saying motorcycle parts have just arrived by courier from a panel beater. Quickly asked if 2 axle bolts were in there, but was told no. But when I described 7 foot pegs was told yes they are in there. Looks like some of my parts have finally returned. I was told to come down tomorrow and see if they are my parts. Will update with results. Wonder if I will get an apology after being told they did not make a mistake and mixed the parts up. Coming up to 4 months since I saw my parts last. 
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Looking like its going to be a positive outcome on the parts, but what happens now as I guess you have to buy the parts back off them?
eztwoc

Post by eztwoc »

UDATE 26/2/16
Well a happy day reunited with my missing parts. Collected a box of most of my parts from Gold Coast Electroplating. They were good about it and when I offered to purchase the parts they declined and handed them over. They still couldn’t tell me how they got mixed up but you can read between the lines. VERY BUSY. Anyway the axle bolts were missing and after a call to the other guy he stated he has still got them. After all this time they were at a motorcycle shop a couple of suburbs away in a box whilst he is slowly rebuilding a Yamaha XT500 for a customer and got up to the stage of putting the swingarm on. The stress of all the highs and lows over the 4 months has been unbelievable. Anyway thanks for everyone who commented or made suggestions, but hopefully a lesson to others about being careful with who you leave parts with and documenting and photographing as much as possible.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I din't believe it.
Great news.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Brilliant... (now where do all those little bleedin' bits go?!)