Interstate Freighters.

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Interstate Freighters.

Post by L.B. »

Edited
Last edited by L.B. on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

OK, my biggish boxes from WA arrived. total of about 20kgs across two boxes. One was a fuel tank and the other a wheel with brake and other bits n bobs. Total cost from Albany WA to Sydney NSW was just under $80 for the lot with Pack n Send, boxed by the seller. I would recommend the service, it took 6 days by road freight door-to-door and one of those was Australia day so they didnt reach Perth to get loaded on the truck for a few days of that time.

If anyone else has something similar sent then maybe we should just leave this thread run for those wanting to know how things work. Auspost was over $100 a box for these, other couriers wanted 220+ (probably just using Auspost and creaming a bit off the top as they get a better rate, lots of companies do this worldwide).
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

After much backwards and forwards and humming and ah'ing the buyer bought and I used Ego to get the frame to Brisvagas - $62 - depot to depot.

I was well pleased.

Pretty straight forward and went smoothly. I would used them again.

Everything is done through the web site, print off the con note, turn up and 'put it over there'.

Being a frame I wasn't 100% sure I did the measurements spot on and I was expecting to be challenged at 'weigh in' and then charged something extraordinary, but no, it went smoothly, all good 8) .
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

OzzyElsie wrote:
gman wrote:
Someone needs to build a web site for box rides. give the punter travelling across states a box in the the boot or frame in the caravan to help pay for the fuel.
I can feel an Uber type app coming on. :wink:
http://www.gizmag.com/uber-uberrush-api ... 6-91999757

:wink: And I predicted the anti-drone drone and a few other things - all coming true :lol:
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I recently used yourfreightagent.com.au and got a decent price to ship a set of wheels from Sydney to Brissy, $30 all up.
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

And they were beautifully packed too!!!