RD250LC reproduction body kits available in Japan...

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
James P
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

RD250LC reproduction body kits available in Japan...

Post by James P »

Quite by chance I noticed one of these, so did a basic search and came up with a few:

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/sear ... ce&auccat=

From the little I managed to glean from the descriptions, it seems that these were made some time ago and marketed through Yamaha's own "aftermarket" brand Y's Gear. I gather that they are no longer in production, but there are a few sets still sitting around, it seems.
It looks like the kits include fuel tank, front mudguard, side covers and tail cover. All items look finish-painted, although only the fuel tank has the decals applied (the decals are included loose for the other items though).
Of course, these seem to be available only in the JDM "RZ250" colour schemes, but that may not be of concern if that is what you want, or are willing to refinish the tank.
The price is a little on the high side (says me who ordered a brand new genuine tank for $250 from a Yamaha dealer in the early 1990s :roll: ), but is probably reasonable these days, considering the cost of painting as well.

I would imagine that no problem would be experienced in having these sent airmail from Japan, as the tanks are brand new. However, check with your agent before buying!

Regards,
James
James W.
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: RD250LC reproduction body kits available in Japan...

Post by James W. »

So, ~$Au 2.5k ( not including post) - is "a little on the high side" - James?

Dang, you'd be spewing or what, if you high sided it - after fitting that body work..
DuncanB
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: RD250LC reproduction body kits available in Japan...

Post by DuncanB »

I missed a 0 off in the conversion and was thinking it sounded reasonable.... shit!!
Project RD350LC. Finished YL2C.