lc athena stroked on e bay

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

lc athena stroked on e bay

Post by gman »

Anyone know this bike. seems to be ready to rip. I've been thinking about a big bore,stroked, zeeled engine for an rz for quite a while. With the us dollar conversion rate to buy all the bits this could be a good buy in the 7g bracket????
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yamaha-RD-35 ... 1952294190?
Any thoughts.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: lc athena stroked on e bay

Post by JonW »

Was Brian (Oilers) who built it and the Steve (find him mostly on Facebook) bought it recently. Selling for another RG500 it seems from what hes said.

And the thought this would sell in the 7g bracket is insane. no one would accept so little for so much bike. should be more like 12-15k but i expect will only just break the 10, and thats losing money if you were the chap building it for sure. If I was selling and someone offered me 7 for mine Id see them off my property, put it that way LOL
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

Your on the money jonw with the price. Should be 12+. Noticed its reached 9k and still under reserve.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I saw on Norbos forum the other day that a guy said his Athena had cost him 4k GBP in parts. thats 7k AUS now. A nice LC is worth decent money on its own and this one is all done, plus the RGV parts are not cheap now, Add the cool stuff like the zeel and other bits and you can see the cash flying from a wallet, but... of course, its only worth what someone will pay of course, however that said i dont see many people saying they hate a 421 hybrid LC and its not like you see em everyday. People offer me money for mine all the time; I just smile, say 'no' and walk away. The hourly rate even at 20k on something like this would be a joke, no one makes money on special bikes for sure.