rd carbs vs suzuki x7 carbs

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

rd carbs vs suzuki x7 carbs

Post by twinrock101 »

I have had a project rd aircool 350 sitting around slowly getting parts i need for it..i have literally built it just from individual sourced parts..i now need carbs as i have none. i picked up an suzuli x7 motor in great condition which came with carbs..they are 26mm mikuni as are rdlc ..they are different model still roundslides but look newer than the lc ones..it would be very convenient and free for me to just use the x7 how ever dont want to go backwards in performance...sideways is ok.lol.. would love any imput thanks
mboddy
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: rd carbs vs suzuki x7 carbs

Post by mboddy »

get some PWK 28s for it
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by twinrock101 »

Yeah im sure they would be a great thing, however im really trying to keep the cost down..i pulled the x7 carbs down yesterday and cleaned them they are almost the same as rz ones different style round main jet i sold the x7 motor for what i paid for it but i kept the carbs..so free ..im sure they will work fine..im not chasing performance at this stage
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

250 carbs on X7 will be more like RD250 i would think, so will sign off early on the 350.
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by twinrock101 »

Oh but i would change the jetting to suit..250 and 350 carb bodies are the same..
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

of course you would. But, no they are not... hence they have different numbers.
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by twinrock101 »

Well i guess we are getting back to the original question.. there are no numbers on the x7 carbs the float bowls are different and looks to be an extra pick up from float bowl to venturi . My rdlc manual lists both 250 and 350 carb as the same carb jusr with different jets and needles. Im sure im not the first to have simply changed the jets and needle in the carbs when doing a 250 to 350 top end swap.. it never seemed to be a problem..but im happy to learn something new