rd350 air colled tank options

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

rd350 air colled tank options

Post by twinrock101 »

I have used the ag175 tank i had on my rd for another bike..so now i need a tank.. standard rd one would be first option but failing to find that..any other options.. u can buy an rx100 tank brand new qhite cheap wonder if that would fit..im not a fan of the long tz style tanks either..also i know the tanks changed through the years my bike is pre 75.. are all year rd tanks compatible thanks
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: rd350 air colled tank options

Post by BRG1200 »

You're into custom/cafe territory now then.
Not sure how consistent different generations of aircooled RD's mounting points are, but I have an early 70's round tank and a coffin tank in the garage, along with a 77 frame (I have a mongrel aircooled project on the back burner).
Will take some reference measurements/photo's if helpful.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
yamasukiman

Re: rd350 air colled tank options

Post by yamasukiman »

I have two rd350 aircooled tanks.
One a very good condition '75"b" model and a second tank that is in primer but still in good shape.
I think this is an earlier model which had tank badges not decals but that area has been filled with body filler.
I'm in WA but postage through Pack and Send is affordable(not silly like Aussie Post!).
If you have an email address I can send photos if you are interested.