NO LONGER Trying to get YAMAHA to produce more ealy RZ tanks

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: NO LONGER Trying to get YAMAHA to produce more ealy RZ t

Post by Greasemeup »

I got a response from Miguel regarding tanks, he sent me pictures of a RD350LC tank, painted KR yellow with black Decals, looks in fair to good nick, no fuel tap.
Indications are that around 350-400 aud should get it shipped here, being an auction the price would vary somewhat with interest.

What is a fair price for a tank this condition?

I will keep this one for myself..

Deals in GBP

EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: NO LONGER Trying to get YAMAHA to produce more ealy RZ tanks

Post by EPApolice »

I saw a tank hanging up in Old Gold Motorcycles today for an RZ. It had a few pin holes in the usual low spot but otherwise was sound. Worth a call if someone needs one.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Looks in fair nick Mr Up.
So is your friend looking at Japanese auction sites?
Thinking aloud here, could we pool our resources, get a few tanks stockpiled over there then sent here and divvied up?
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: NO LONGER Trying to get YAMAHA to produce more ealy RZ t

Post by Greasemeup »

That's the one. He is there, so if you search something you like ask him to win it with your limit and have it shipped over. I am on an LC set of body work, including tank with fresh paint, and a nice RZ tank at the moment.

I guess if there is someone else in Adelaide that wants to buy as well then pool the freight, beware of the DUTY LIMIT.

GMU
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Bear in mind that sending tanks can be illegal... fuel cells and aircraft are 'problematical' for postals. Surface post may be the best bet, cheaper too yet slower.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Might want to wait until my first purchase goes through, just to see if everything works out?
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I have bad news for you guys, I just got an email about a carb I was bidding on through Yahoo and this is what it said,

We are sorry but we cannot handle the item because Japan Post recently has tightened restrictions on security matters and
they no longer handle items which touched gasoline or oil.

That covers just about everything then, all engine parts, wheels might have to get creative with the description but I am pretty sure the Japanese wont do that.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Harumph. Got caught out by similar last year, a doughnut in Victoria tried to post me a tank with fuel remnant sloshing around in it (allegedly). All turned to sh1t of course and numbnuts here never saw the tank in the end. Irony is that it was probably holding fuel then...
If you are trying to get a used tank interstate let alone international its a gamble.
"Lucky" I didn't lose too much on that one, but now fuel tanks are going for much more money the gamble gets more damaging if it goes wrong.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Postal systems all over the world seem to be getting trickier and more expensive in many ways
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Like I said... you can send it surface. It will need warnings on it so it doesnt go air. There are lots of services like that AusPost (and others offer) you just need a non-lazy PO worker to help you use them.

Some places no longer do surface mail... or so they say. The USA is one. Both Auspost and Royal Mail do FWIW.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Ok, a thread resurrection... and really a closure... You'd have to not be into LCs, or living without the 'net to not know but while Yamaha arent doing it, another company has made LC tanks that are 'exact' (looks very very good to me) replicas of the originals.

This is the one I bought... from Yambits, as they offer VAT free pricing, and postage for under GBP 100 with Fed Ex. So with that in mind and our current 'under $1K free imports' it was basically the same price a UK dweller would pay. With the current exchange rate it cost just under $700 landed. You need to contact Yambits Customer Service to get the postage, Ive been dealing with a lady called Holly and one of my mates in Sydney who is not a forumer has also bought one, so she knows the prices and will send you a paypal invoice etc.

Looks and fits well I think, tho less easy to tell on my much modified LC of course. Anyway, Im very happy with it. Will be a much simpler paint process, as very little for the painter to correct, and at least I know it wont leak two weeks after its painted etc.

And no, AFAIK there is no plan as yet thats been communicated to do RZ tanks. But its a no brainer if these sell id think and it looks like they are... anyway, Im not asking or looking for RZ tanks, but if i see some being made by the same people Id be very temped indeed after looking at this LC unit.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Looks great!
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Yes much better than those Indian things that were done by hand, these are stamped and seam welded of course.

This of course means that those dead project LCs without tanks can now get a shot in the arm... prepare to see shitty LCs go up in price again... and restored ones too as someone probably added 700 bucks of tank to it LOL

I should add that they dont come with the rear rubber, dunno why they had that in the pics. They are in white primer and sold by plenty of sellers, norbo included. But so far only Yambits offer vat free pricing and sensible(!) post.