Wanted: LC rolling chassis or frame

Looking for a part?
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Wanted: LC rolling chassis or frame

Post by BRG1200 »

has anyone got either an LC rolling chassis, or an LC frame they're able to move along?
Only real requirements are that it's straight and able to eventually be road registered. Will form the basis of a very long term special.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Wanted: LC rolling chassis or frame

Post by BRG1200 »

Before I even look I'll bet its the blue one with a weird tank for $350....
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Hmm. Australia's so bloody BIG. Everything seems to be in Sydney, Melbourne or some tiny town waaaay up near the pointy bit. Rarely a chance to zip over in the car and chuck the goods in the boot!

That fella also has a few RZ bits atm, but I'm "between jobs" so being very frugal, which limits travel/transport costs and buying capacity.

The frame would be tempting if it was registerable, and if I was sure it was straight.
Looking at the bits welded on where the VIN plate should be (boo hoo) it's an ex-race frame so a numerical risk that it's probably been end over end at some point. No budget for straightening, and if it's been up that long I have my doubts.
A lot goes through your head when you look at something like this, eh? ;-)
I'll ring and find out though.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I agree with your concern over the front of this one. welding those big bits steel to the headstock isnt ideal at all and yes thats where the compliance plate should be on an LC. you could maybe make up another one of those, alloy plate and decal guy, but it s more work. imho that frame is $100... max :/
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I got a response, it has no VIN plate, just the frame number, and there's no paperwork with it so it sounds like no use to me. I need to be able to eventually register the frame I get in my name in SA.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

For years that Nobby bloke (!) who used to sell Gibson pipes and other RD stuff had one on ebay for silly money (500 at one point), but I dont know if it sold, I assume not tho... lol.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I have in mind a "set" of bikes, which involves one standard and one modded LC. Nothing as adventurous as your specials, just a nice LC with a good motor and some interesting running gear that's in keeping with an LC, but slightly more capable/modern.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

This is closer to you, and no its not an LC, but i think this is a well known bike on this forum as the build thread was on here a few owners back. $2k isnt free, but it is good value for whats there in the package.
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/birdwoo ... 1142355762
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Hmm, I see why you point that one out. I have my quota of RZ's though!
Look closer and that bike doesn't appeal to me, though the suspension and wheels may be good.

I'll still keep my eye's out for an LC roller.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

SO, to re-iterate, it's an LC frame or rolling chassis I'm after, motor or no motor.

(I have three RZ's, bikini fairing, full fairing, and one which I'll turn into an N1 lookalike).
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Bump.

Just to re-iterate, if anyone comes across an RD250LC or RD350LC rolling frame or just a frame. Or, say, a ratted out complete bike with a blown motor.

Needs to be a frame that I can legally eventually get registered and on the road in my name.

Will be seeking a RZ or banshee motor bottom end in due course to go with the frame (if an LC one doesn't turn up first).

Originality and matching numbers is not an issue here.