RDLC instrument dial screws - FOUND

Looking for a part?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

RDLC instrument dial screws - FOUND

Post by JonW »

Ive lost the two screws that hold the dial on the tacho... Ive looked everywhere but theyre gone. sigh... Im gutted. What's worse, these are not even my clocks, they belong to a good mate of mine and I generously offered to swap the dial for him... Im an idiot. :roll:

The LC clocks are fitted with small machine screws and ones I need are in the middle of the dial, either side of the needle.

So far Ive found that they are different to the later RZs which have a self tapper style as they go into plastic. Of course the ones I want were probably also fitted to other models but I suspect nothing after 1982/3ish.

Either way, Im desperate to get 2 that match the LC speedo or Im going to have to bite the bullet and rip that apart to swap those to keep the clocks looking the same. :(

So, anyone got a dead speedo or tacho that still has some screws in it?
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: RDLC instrument dial screws

Post by BRG1200 »

I have some much older RD family clocks, doubtful but I'll have a looksee if similar.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
James W.
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by James W. »

I expect they'd be ISO metric/Nippon Standard screws..
Jon, why not go to the nearest pick-a-part, & find some..
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Good job we don't do obscure Brit bikes, I imagine the variance or lack of standardisation would be rather greater
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.