Whatcha Reckon........

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Whatcha Reckon........

Post by OzzyElsie »

I first tried to find some RZ triples but I was missing the Bottom triples. so I rooted around and found these 35mm.......

.....they give what I think is acceptable lock but I need the handlebars and caliper. Does anyone recognise them? - early FZR250????

The h/bars are apparently clip ons pinned to the triples.

They have a strange spring retention system......

(I wouldn't know how to start disassembling these).

The OEM finish appears to have been a charcoal grey paint.

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
James P
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Re: Whatcha Reckon........

Post by James P »

If the stanchions are 35mm and the spring caps are retained by circlips, there is a good chance the forks are indeed from an early FZR250 (2KR base model) - there should be brake caliper bosses on the right-hand slider only.

I've never dismantled any forks like that, but I think you just have to compress the spring by pressing the cap inwards, then pry out the circlip...then keep clear as the internals fly out :( . There may perhaps be a special compressing tool which can be clamped to the top of the stanchion to make sure everything happens in a more controlled manner (e.g. like a modified G-clamp) - but I can't talk from experience!

Regards,
James